E3 2014: Minecraft PS4 Trailer Focuses on PlayStation's Famous Faces

Build me up, buttercup

There are more than a few familiar faces in this brand new trailer for Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition. The next-gen blockbuster – which is due out in August – shows Kratos, Ellie, Ratchet, and the Journeyer from, er, Journey buccaneering in Mojang’s blocky world, and uncovering a number of PlayStation themed artifacts along the way.

As revealed earlier in the year, the re-release will be fully compatible with your PlayStation 3 saves, meaning that you’ll be able to bring your progress forward to Sony’s super machine. Moreover, if you happen to own the digital version of the last-gen release, you’ll be able to upgrade for a discounted fee. The developer’s trying to extend this offer to disc purchases, too, but it points out that this is proving trickier to do.

And why exactly would you want to step up to the PS4 release? Well, it will feature worlds that are 36 times bigger, and will also boast improved support for the DualShock 4 – including touchpad compatibility and more. Moreover, the studio promises that there’ll be a treasure trove of Trophies to unlock, and Sony specific DLC on the way.

Are you planning to pick up the next-gen version of this indie smash? Build an extravagant shelter in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

D_Morris

D_Morris said:

If they put shaders on, shadows and stuff to take advantage of the next gen graphics, I'd be much more tempted to buy the game for ps4:/

ToOGoodOfAPlaya

ToOGoodOfAPlaya said:

I don't understand why this is such a big deal.
It's been out for a long time and it's not that great in my opinion.
Maybe it just doesn't appeal to me.
Suppose it's good news for fans though.

Punkinhead145

Punkinhead145 said:

I'm excited mainly because it will be easier to play with others than on PC (the always superior version in my opinion) and the added amount of trophies, from what I can gather, sounds like a nice bonus as well.

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

Are they even going to come out with this game on the PS4 or are they going to just sit there and talk about it. So far, these developers seem like they are just talking about it and have no plans of releasing it. All they are doing is talk, talk, talk, talk....

Chouzetsu

Chouzetsu said:

Already have the game on PC but I may well get this for the couch multiplayer.

KAPADO

KAPADO said:

I will be damned if I'll playing this antique on my brand new machine.