E3 2014: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Regales Its Tale on PS4

Here we Agito again

Final Fantasy Type-0 has been the source of Western JRPG fans’ desires ever since it released in Japan almost three years ago, culminating in the creation of a very public unofficial translation. Alas, it appears that publisher Square Enix has heard your pleas for the legendary PlayStation Portable release, as an upgraded version of the classic has been announced for the PlayStation 4 and Vita at E3 today.

"I’d like to start this out by thanking everyone who let us know how badly you wanted this game,” senior manager Sakura Minamida wrote on the PlayStation Blog. “Ever since the original PSP release in Japan, you guys have never given up on it, raising your voices in an effort to see this title come to North America and Europe. Well, I’m here to tell you that it’s coming and it’s going to be in HD.”

There’s no word on a release date or a price point just yet, but we suspect that the mere confirmation should be enough to send a smile across your sleepy chops. For those out of the loop, this is widely regarded as one of the better Final Fantasy titles in recent times, adopting a gameplay system similar to fellow PSP favourite Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. Are you one of those people that’s been patiently waiting for this game? Show no Strife in the comments section below.

Update: The PlayStation Blog has updated its original article, stating that Final Fantasy Type-0 is not coming to the Vita, after all. It's still definitely coming to the PS4, though. We think...

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I'd play the hell out of this on PS4.

EDIT: So no Vita version? This seems insane. Square Enix can't even get their blog posts right!

Just a quick update on this story: the PlayStation Blog originally listed this for the Vita, but it's since updated its article stating that it's only for PS4.

tonyp1987

tonyp1987 said:

This is one bad week for vita Imo and I'm a huge vita lover but no love for the vita by Sony and I hope it changes soon

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

How is it not coming to Vita...? This is personally the best AND worst news of E3 so far.

Mrskinner

Mrskinner said:

I'm quite distressed at the decline of the Final Fantasy series and the amount of time and lack of detail SquareEnix put out there. In my opinion it was better as just squaresoft. I have dumped so many hours into the different iterations over the years. 7 is still my all time favourite followed by 12. Why can't these be brought to ps4 :(

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I'm sorry you can't help but laugh at a handheld exclusive making its western debut on PS4 and Xbox One. No PSP or PS Vita. Oh Square Enix i love your f*** you messages, Why would PS4 and Xbox One fans be asking for this? A HD remaster of a handheld game.

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

My left side is leaping in joy, the right is wheeping in sorrow.
What the hell is wrong with SE?!?

naruball

naruball said:

@get2sammyb

You may wanna change the title at some point. It's pretty disappointing for whoever gets his hopes up only to be crushed in seconds.

thedevilsjester

thedevilsjester said:

I love to use my Vita as a "continue my game on the go" handheld where I can play games on the PS4 and continue them on the Vita through cross-save. This being a portable game, they are missing out on a key feature of the Playstation ecosystem by not bringing it to the Vita too.

italodance

italodance said:

Sony websites with all accounts will hack soon be careful and take out your money

hackers will do that for vita low support

Alpha

Alpha said:

I also heard that Final Fantasy Agito is being released on Smartphones iOS and Android. Also heard a new Final Fantasy VII Spin off as well, Final Fantasy VII G-Bike. its the Motorcylce mini game. i do know that the latter will be free to play

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

That was an amazing troll by SE! Vita owners were breaking down in tears on the PS Blog, and then oh, sorry, PS4 not Vita! Where's that gif of Dwayne Johnson applauding when I need it?

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

I don't really get how the whole remote play thing works since I only have a VITA and a PS3 and remote play sucks on the latter, but wouldn't it be possible to play this on VITA via remote play? Obviously is not the same as a VITA release, but still...

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Missed this yesterday. To be fair I missed everything non-Nintendo related yesterday. Was like when I was a teenager seeing Mario 64 for the first time as everything they showed excited me so much. Anyway, the missus loves this game and bangs on about more than I do about Hatsune Miku so guess her birthday/Christmas present is sorted whenever this is out.

divinelite

divinelite said:

I dont care which as long as its one of this gen machine, ps4 or vita. day one for sure. in the ideal world this come in november..