E3 2014: Don't Panic, Ubisoft Has Plenty of Plans for Assassin's Creed on PS3

Posted by Kell Andersen

New information coming soon

As it currently stands, the monumentally successful Assassin's Creed franchise has only been confirmed for the PlayStation 4, with the co-op outing Unity set to launch later this year. Indeed, Ubisoft marketing executive Tony Key has assured us that the title has been built from the ground up with the super machine in mind. "It's built for next-gen; it can't be done on current-gen," he said. "At least we haven't figured out how and we're not trying to."

However, when asked about the future of the franchise on the older consoles, Key was quick to stress that the developer definitely has plans. "Yeah, there's plenty of current-gen Assassin's Creed fans out there," he continued. "We hope to be able to talk to them about that soon."

There was a rumour sneaking around a few weeks back that the new game would be titled Assassin's Creed: Comet, and would see you tearing up the streets of New York. The leak also mentioned the return of the naval gameplay that has thus far been disappointingly absent from the franchise's next-gen version.

Would you be interested in an Assassin's Creed game for the PS3, or will you be heading straight for the series' new multiplayer entry? Perform some impressive parkour in the comments section below.

[via gamespot.com]

Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84 said:

Comet. Unity. Really? These names are out of this world. Two Assassin's Creed games this fall and three in total? Milk da cow.

Kirk64

Kirk64 said:

As a new fan to the series, I'm glad more games are coming out. I just wish they didn't come out so quickly. I just beat the second one, and I want to catch up for Unity this fall. Now there's ANOTHER game being released? Well, my wallet will surely hunger.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Since this is the first time that AC crosses generations, they are not willing to let those millions of PS360 owners who haven't upgraded not contribute to their sales. Who knows, maybe even Wii U owners will get a new AC as well.

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

Didn't they talk about Unity ad E3?

@sinalefa No Ubisoft is done with Wii U until players base are bigger

Lionhart

Lionhart said:

@ThreadShadow I know right? Child of Light and Rayman Legends Origins are the best games and surely shine on the PS Vita and WiiU. Rayman Legends looks good on both the PS Vita and WiiU. I'm certainly hoping that Ubisoft will release a new Prince of Persia (based off of the 2008 PoP reboot) on the PS Vita!

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I'm a big fan of the series so I'm interested to see what the new game for the last-gen consoles turns out to be but I'm only buying one of the new games and that's going to be the current-gen AC. I just hope the multiplayer-heavy focus doesn't hurt the singleplayer experience which is what this franchise has always been about for me.