You Can Download Free DLC for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Right Now

Posted by Kell Andersen

Raiden solo

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is a short game. Or at least, that's what some people would have you believe. Others would argue that the tactical title provides hours upon hours of replay value, and a robust set of challenges to complete. Whatever your stance, we're pretty sure that no one will be complaining about the title's incoming free DLC.

If you army-crawled your way through the stealthy excursion on the PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4, you may have come across a decidedly fan-service fuelled mission which saw you playing as the retro model of Solid Snake from the original PSone game. Well, our friendly siblings in the Microsoft camp were instead treated to a romp which allowed them to play as everyone's favourite melodramatic cyborg, Raiden. Luckily, with the title's recent update, you'll now be able to access this extra mission completely free.

While it's possible that this was simply an act of generosity, we're more inclined to believe that Konami just knew that it probably wouldn't be able to get away with charging for extra content. Will you be taking a look at this freebie, or have you not taken the plunge on Ground Zeroes yet? Press the action button in the comments section below.

[via vg247.com]

Related Games

RawShark

RawShark said:

I've had Ground Zeroes since launch but have to say I've not spent a lot of time with it, which is weird as someone who usually loves the MGS series. Maybe I'm finding it hard to get to grips with the new mechanics, or maybe it's the OCD in me telling me I've not played Peace Walker all the way through yet and should do that before committing a Time Paradox...

3rdEyeMind

3rdEyeMind said:

As a gigantic MGS fan, i have not gone out and bought GZ. I have no interest in buying a glorified demo. Has anybody else not bought it despite being a huge fan?

I remember paying £3.50 for a magazine with the entire Tanker section from MGS2 as a demo.....How times have changed.

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

I'm just played out of the Metal Gear solid experience. It was fun before, but I would rather have Syphon Filter at this point. The MGS series came to an end on MGS4 and I really didn't care much for that game.

Alex840

Alex840 said:

@3rdEyeMind I had the same feeling initially, but recently took the plunge and got it anyway. It is well worth £20. I've put more than 15 hours into it and couldn't be happier. Probably my favorite slice of Metal Gear I've ever played. Cant wait for TPP. I'd encourage you to get it and sell it on eBay if you're not happy with it.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

@SuperSilverback I played this demo for 20 hours, it's more than I spent to pltinum inFamous SS. And it was really rewarding experience. Those who just played it once have no idea how deep the story and game really are. It's not demo, but little MGS. But I agree that it is overpriced =(.

imtom2002

imtom2002 said:

This raiden mission actually looked better than the de ja vu one we got. Best dig gz back out for another go.

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

I'm so sick of people saying its a glorified demo, is it overpriced? Yes but that doesn't mean its a demo. 1 story mission and now 6 six side missions in addition to those extras (soundtrack/X.O.F. patches).

Topic: This adds more (although ironically short) value and i'm still waiting for the right price on Amazon.

adf86

adf86 said:

@3rdEyeMind Was it the official playstation magazine mate, if so then same here. I got a PS2 for christmas with Zone of the Enders just to play the MGS2 demo but the disk was knackered & I was upset (no NeoGaf to rage on in those days) thank god for Batman Vengeance otherwise I wouldn't had anything else to play apart from ZOE.

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

Just traded it towards battle field last and now they releas ethe raiden DLC ....son of..... AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

seeafish

seeafish said:

@3rdEyeMind huge fan here, and IMHO, you're missing out. I've played this for over 12 hours now and only 33% done. Sure, it's just repeating the same 6 missions, but the base/map, gameplay mechanics, enemy AI, and all the other fun stuff is just fantastic. Spent £20 and have gotten more out it of than other full priced games.
it's NOT a demo. It's just a very limited game, but with so much freedom that you can keep playing it.
And Kojima even trolls you in one of the missions. Also, Deja Vu is BRILLIANT bit of fan service to MGS1 fanatics like me. Took me almost 2 hours just to finish that, and I didn't even find everything.

Honestly, so far I've only heard people who haven't bought it refer to it as a demo. I'm jumping back in now to play Jamais Vu.

seeafish

seeafish said:

Oh, one criticism: IT MAKES YOU ACCCHEEEEE FOR THE PHANTOM PAIN!
I WANT IT NAOOWWW!!!!!!!! NAAOOOWWWWWW!

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

"Some would have us believe" lol? Please...

The game IS really short. You can play that really short game all you want, and in as many different ways as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the game is really freakin short.

There's one map in the entire game. Sure, you can go rescue this guy here, or go rescue that guy there, or you can sneak past this way to here, or sneak past that way to there, but you can't get around the fact that all the gameplay is experienced on that one, single map location.

I bought the game. I played the game. I enjoyed the game. But I'm not so blind as to defend it as something it's not. The game is demo length, like it or not. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. Doesn't mean it's not worth it (because even I deemed it worth buying), but it does mean exactly what it means- I've had demos with more content than this game. Sorry, but it's true.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

@JaxonH It's not a demo. It is selfcontent, standalone little game. Demo designed as little game, if you like that better. And I never played any demo for 20 hours, and I played for 20 hours just for trophies. And I never play for trophies if I don't like something. But you really need to collect and listen to all tapes, and complete all missions to understand that this is not just a demo.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Gemuarto

I have. Bravely Default demo had MORE content than MGSV GZ. So did Wonderful 101 demo. Both of which you could replay in different ways with different missions and far exceed the playtime with this game. That's why I'm saying the game is basically a demo. Because I have literally played demos that had more content and could last longer.

With that said, I still bought it and enjoyed it because I wanted to play it. But there's no getting around the truth of what it is. It is what it is, as they say.

3rdEyeMind

3rdEyeMind said:

Some conflicting views here. To back up my original claim, though, i did spend about 15 hours doing the Tanker Demo to MGS2, going through it doing many different play styles and hunting down the secrets and it was just £3.50.

I don't think £20 will ever be justified for a Prologue to a main game.

rogue_agent

rogue_agent said:

The amount of open-endedness and branching paths in a small sandbox in Ground Zeroes far exceeds that of other demos like Bravely Default, Wonderful 101 and the Tanker mission in MGS2.

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

It is basically a demo definitely a lengthy demo with a lot of extra playability and it is too expensive but it is also one of the best gameplay experiences I have had on the ps4 so far