Ubisoft Hangs Up Dev Duties as Watch Dogs Goes Gold on PS4

Phone a friend

Following an unexpected delay late last year, Ubisoft’s hack happy open world adventure Watch Dogs has finally gone gold. For those not up to speed with the industry lingo, this means that the title is complete, and is presumably being pressed onto Blu-ray discs as we speak. It also means that the game’s development team can temporarily breathe a sigh of relief – well, before starting work on that inevitable day one patch, of course.

“It’s exciting to be gold,” creative director Jonathan Morin explained on the UbiBlog. “But it’ll be more exciting when people are playing. For the fans it means that it’s true; it means that there will be no such thing as another delay. But for us, it’s not done until they actually have it in their hands.” That’ll occur on 27th May, which is already less than two weeks away. What are you going to do to occupy the next 12 or so days? Fire off a response in the comments section below.

[via blog.ubi.com]

Related Games

RawWilson1

RawWilson1 said:

Trying to finish AC4. KZSF has new content coming to it, like; a new map that dropped this Tuesday and KZ twitter account mentioning us getting JETPACKS last night! Going to get back on BF4 and maybe even Warframe.

There's simply so much to do on PlayStation before Watchdogs drop^-^

KAPADO

KAPADO said:

@Sanquine the situation is not even in the same ballpark. The PS4 is absolutely worth having. But don't get it yet if you don't absolutely have to. I got it at launch but the real next gen experiences are on the horizon. What we got up to now, have been just sweet samples of the future.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@KAPADO Well, i have been playing killzone shadowfall at a friend and it blew me away. It's just i dont hear anything about new games from their first party. I hope E3 will blew me away! Maybe i just have to take a gamble and buy one

Stealth_sneak

Stealth_sneak said:

@RawWilson1 I have a plat in KZ and AC4 as well as 4 others on my PS4...do I play too much then? I have nothing to play until Watch Dogs unless it's Trials Fusion

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@Sanquine it's only gonna get cheaper, but you're already missing the beginning of the gen! If that matters to you, which it does to me. Why ever buy a system till it's $50?

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@Sanquine I'm on your side. I meant you'd better pony up the dough soon or you might as well wait for the drop :P W_D will be awesome on ps4, and probably not that much worse but not "wow" on ps3. But my point is that that game starts off the fabled summer of crazy good ps4 titles!

iSolipsistJudas

iSolipsistJudas said:

@Sanquine honestly it really is! Don't worry about the library of games, there are an assortment to play right now. And most games releasing now, major games, are on all-gen platforms. Graphics are great! A new gameplay system from the DS4. I was hesitant to buy a PlayStation 4 this early as well, but I know I have made a great investment. I have had my PS4 since February!