This Weekend, You Can Buy a Bunch of PS3 Games for $5

Shut up and take our money

Valve, is that you? Sony may have been the laughing stock of the digital plaza discount world less than six months ago, but it’s really upped its game over the past few weeks, announcing a slew of sales that have our wallet literally groaning at the prospect of cheap PlayStation 3 games. This latest batch comes care of the North American PlayStation Store, and allows you to buy heavy hitters such as Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption for just $4.99.

The offer’s set to conclude at 12:00PM PDT on 5th May, so you’ll need to act fast if you want a slice of the action. We’d absolutely recommend nabbing BioShock, L.A. Noire, and even Spec Ops: The Line if you haven’t played them before. We’ve included the full list of cut price items in the space below, but don’t forget to tell us what you’re buying in the comments section. And keep in mind that the Golden Sale is still ongoing overseas if none of these tickle your fancy.

PS Store Flash Sale: $5 Games this Weekend

• Spec Ops: The Line
  • The Mark of Kri
  • The Raven – Legacy of a Master Thief

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Splat

Splat said:

I all ready have most of those but there are some steals at $5. I would recommend BioShock,Darksiders,Mortal Kombat,Red Dead Redemption and the underrated Spec Ops: The Line.

Max Payne 3 didn't really do much for me to be honest...

@Splat Mortal Kombat is an excellent shout — I would recommend that, too. I agree with you on Max Payne, but like you say, it's a steal at that price!

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

I rented Red Dead and I didn't really like it much, but I might be willing to give it another shot. Do the patches come pre-loaded with digital releases? I'm almost half-tempted to play it without a patch to see if I can find bird man and the other various animal glitches.

Other games I'm interested in are Bioshock 1 (liked it a lot, but traded it in), Fat Princess (Does anyone even still play this though?), and Guacamelee, although I can't help but think that's gotta show up on US PS+ at some point.

rjejr

rjejr said:

There were already a bunch of games I wanted in the other sale - mostly JRPGs - when I realized my backlog is probably a year long - JRPGs take me forever to finish - so there really wasnt any point at any price. Even free on PS+ I cant get to.

Is that the upgraded Guacamelee or is that only coming to Wii U?

Is Mark of Kri the barbarian w/ the bird game from early in the PS2 days? I didnt even know it crossed over.

If Sony does a clean sweep w/ PS+ in June Im sure several of these will be made available. But I still wont have time to play them.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Buying LA Noir for $60, $40, etc. had been a running joke since it's release, but I can stomach $5. Time to rip apart every detail and ...the heck do you do in that game?

kingston589

kingston589 said:

@charlesnarles kinda like gta without the gta. You walk around a crime scene till your controller vibrates then you guess if some guy did it or not. Its a fun game but there is stuff wrong with it

hydeks

hydeks said:

hits head on the desk omg, what are you doing to me lately Sony, its been 3 great sales in a row!!!

I only bought The Mark of Kri for PS2, seeing as I already have a good amount of those games.

N711

N711 said:

@Splat I can imagine Max Payne 4 PS4 with better gameplay mechanics :P
I loved Max Payne 3, even though not perfect I think its a classic

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

Not that interested. Plus I have a physical policy with games that aren't digital only. (And not on PC)

odd69

odd69 said:

I got Red Faction Armageddon & Arcania The Complete Tale. Going straight to my backlog LOL

KAPADO

KAPADO said:

I got Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers for $15 and Hot Shots Golf international one thing for $5