Techland Dims PS4 Free Runner Dying Light Until February 2015

Lights out

We’re approaching that time of the year where games start getting delayed, and following in the footsteps of The Elder Scrolls Online, Polish developer Techland has confirmed that PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 parkour-‘em-up Dying Light will now not deploy until February 2015. The title was originally due out this summer, so that’s quite the setback.

Refreshingly, the studio explained that the delay is merely down to the firm wanting to fully realise its vision, and a desire to not sacrifice any of the game’s potential by releasing too early. “This quality-focused thinking underlines all of our development choices, and we hope that you share our belief that the gameplay must always come first,” a spokesperson explained.

There had been some rumours that the organisation was scrapping the PS3 version and ploughing all of its resources into the next-gen release, but it’s since confirmed that that won’t be the case, and that it’s still committed to releasing on Sony’s ageing system. Still, the delay doesn't mean that the developer will be going dark entirely, as it's promising to point its spotlight in the direction of the release at E3 next month.

[via dyinglightgame.com]

Related Games

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

I'm actually sort of disappointed by this. Not my favorite style or genre but it looked very interesting.

ToOGoodOfAPlaya

ToOGoodOfAPlaya said:

I have literally no desire to play this after I bought The Cartel and Dead Island.
Both games were poorly implemented.
I really want to be able to play this as I loved Mirrors Edge but the fact it has Techland on it puts me off.

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

I was really looking forward to this game, the gameplay I saw looked really decent too, perhaps they decided to expand the game a little... I imagine they've had problems with the social aspect like driveclub...

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Lol. This game was never slated for summer 2014. They just wanted to make us think it was. But they knew good and well they'd be "adjusting" the release window as we drew near to summer time. All part of the new console games hype train, which is slowly coming back down to reality.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

For all its flaws, dead island was great fun. Looking forward to this.

@JaxonH I don't know so much about that. I agree that the closer we've got to summer, though, this has looked less and less like making it.