Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? - Issue 28

Panic stations

There are now just ten days until the industry turns on its E3 press release machine, leaving many of us at Push Square towers dabbing our nervous brows. Fortunately, video games offer ideal escapism, so we’ll be spending our weekend trying not to think about the avalanche of information that’s heading our way. After all, when all else fails, it’s nice to know that you can always bury your head in the figurative sand, huh?

Sammy Barker, Editor

I’m yet to really hold the line with Watch Dogs for more than a handful of hours yet, so I’m desperate to get some proper time with the game. I’ve enjoyed the drips and drabs that I’ve played so far, but I have found it a teensy bit overwhelming at times. I’m hoping that I can break through that barrier over the coming days, and begin developing a real connection with the game.

Jamie O’Neill, Retro Editor

R-Type has a timeless quality, especially the original game from 1987, and there is a proficiency in Irem's design that has repeatedly drawn me back to it over the last twenty seven years. It's a combination of an H. R. Giger-inspired art style, noteworthy music, and catchy pacing, alongside memorable enemy patterns and monumental boss battles, which I’ll happily return to in R-Type Dimensions on the PlayStation 3 this weekend.

Brett Young, News Reporter

I’ve had one crazy week, so it was nice to start the weekend by obtaining the Platinum in the immensely fun Wolfenstein: The New Order. As a bit of a treat, I collared the Dedsec Edition of Watch Dogs, which I imagine will keep me busy beyond the weekend. However, in preparation for the impending announcement of Mortal Kombat, I may have to take advantage of the hugely discounted Injustice: Gods Among Us – Ultimate Edition currently listed on the PlayStation Store.

Edwin Garcia, News Reporter

This weekend will be a real test for my juggling skills. First and foremost, Mario Kart 8 has already consumed my life, so that will probably continue. However, I’m also eager to give Watch Dogs a shot, though I can’t promise that I’ll finish it. Finally, for those moments when I’m out and about, I’ll be chasing the Platinum Trophy in Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Kell Andersen, News Reporter

I'm smack bang in the middle of a university assessment, so I won't be doing too much gaming this weekend. However, if I do manage to find the time, I'll probably be attempting to complete Wolfenstein: The New Order, a game that I've found surprisingly enjoyable. Failing that, I might decide to dive headfirst into the wonderful world of canine observation.

Nicola Hayden, News Reporter

As The Wolf Among Us: Episode 4 decided to be fashionably late, my monthly dose of heartache has been delayed to the weekend. When I’m not rocking in a corner, eagerly awaiting the story’s conclusion, I’ll be starting my PS3 rehabilitation with Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. I’ll still manage to get my Watch Dogs fix, though, by using the ctOS app to become the overlord of the police force.

Alex Stinton, Reviewer

This weekend I’ll be taking the highway to the danger zone, dogfighting across the skies in the free-to-play game Ace Combat: Infinity. When I’m inevitably grounded by the pay barriers, however, I’ll be either taking Mario Kart 8 for a spin or hacking the hell out of Chicago in Watch Dogs.

Graham Banas, Reviewer

I’ve been waiting so long for Watch Dogs that it’s going to be hard for it to live up to the hype that I’ve built up for it in my head. Oh well, if it disappoints, I’ll have Transistor to fall back on. I’ve beaten it once already, but I could always beat it again.

Joey Thurmond, Reviewer

I made it my goal to finish BioShock Infinite this week, and I did it. Although I have a few issues with the gameplay and story, I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign and am still reeling from its ending. Of course, I couldn’t stop there, so I’ll be playing both of the Burial at Sea DLC episodes this weekend, and so far I’m genuinely surprised by how in-depth and unique they are. In addition, I might squeeze in some time with Batman: Arkham Origins and Transistor.

Simon Fitzgerald, Reviewer

This weekend I will be joining the thousands of people who have been playing Watch Dogs, and putting my hacking skills to the test. I will also be revisiting Call of Duty: Black Ops, and enjoying myself with some of its classic playlists.

The big question is: what are you playing this weekend? Do you intend to hack your way through the woof streets of Chicago, or are you still singing through the sultry setting of Cloudbank? Pipe up in the comments section below.

Dohv

Dohv said:

PS4
MLB 14 The Show-Doing my franchise with the Rays

Xbox One
Wolfenstein The New Order-Awesome FPS, we need more FPS games that are about having a good story.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Well, I took a vacation day for Monday so I could have a full 3 day gaming weekend. My itinerary is as follows:

Mario Kart 8

That's it. Everything else is on the back burner for now.

iDangerMouse_

iDangerMouse_ said:

I'll be replugging in my PS2 and reliving my childhood memories by playing Sly 2: Band of Thieves. Missed this game so much and it was my first ever 100%. Can't wait to take a trip back down memory lane!

mitcHELLspawn

mitcHELLspawn said:

I got called away for work so unfortunately I won't be gaming at all :/ but as soon as I can get back home I will be diving back head first into watch dogs ! I'll also be picking up murdered soul suspect on Tuesday, but probably won't start it for quite some time as I'm pretty hooked on watch dogs

Mrskinner

Mrskinner said:

Watchdogs and maybe a bit of fifa World Cup ultimate team. That's if I can persuade myself to take watchdogs out of the machine!

N711

N711 said:

Watch dogs when the kids dont hijack the game. Maybe some Lego Batman on Vita

Splat

Splat said:

I'm trying to get the Platinum for Diablo 3 before the Ultimate Evil Edition comes out.

I only need one more trophy but it's a VERY time consuming one...

Punkinhead145

Punkinhead145 said:

I'll definitely be playing Watch Dogs on freeroam with my friend for the most part, but I want to complete whats left of my Killzone Shadow Fall trophy collection too

Doctor_BK

Doctor_BK said:

I will be sneaking some time in with Thief when I'm not studying for finals, and maybe some Borderlands 2 on Vita.

odd69

odd69 said:

Wolfenstein: The New Order (ps4) , Borderlands 2 DLC (ps3), Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (Wii U eShop )

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Went on kind of retro gaming kick tonight. I had a friend over and we played some Mario Kart 64 on the Wii U VC and the GoldenEye which was a blast. I dont know what it is but online multiplayer just doesn't have the same feeling as couch multiplayer. :D

Other then that probably just some Mega Man V on the 3DS VC.

Philson

Philson said:

Mario Kart 8 and Game And Wario on Wii U and Tomb Raider on PS4...come at me Just Cause 3..

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on Vita, Playstation Battle Royale on Vita, Mario Kart 8, and Crashmo on 3DS.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@odd69

Very nice lineup. I'm also in the middle of playing Wolfenstein on PS4, Borderlands 2 on Vita, and Klonoa Empire of Dreams on Wii U

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Watch Dogs... Also have Mario Kart 8 but haven't started it up yet because I'm hooked on WD. Looking forward to getting to Kart too though.

Midget_Sammi

Midget_Sammi said:

I was actually in CEX on Saturday and picked up Naughty Bear for £5- played it on 360 but completley forget it exsited after i binned my 360. Enjoying killing innocent bears because they didnt invite me to daddle's birthday party!

JMC

JMC said:

Mario Kart 8 consumed my whole weekend. When I needed a break from that, which was only one time, I played the new episode of The Wolf Among Us.