PS4 Title Project Beast Looks Dreary and Daunting in This Leaked Footage

Posted by Kell Andersen

The beast goes on

You may recall a few weeks ago when some screenshots were leaked of a new game by From Software titled Project Beast. Well, if those lonely images weren't enough to hold you over until E3, you'll be glad to hear that you can now view the title in motion thanks to a recently leaked trailer. Ladies and gentlemen, the hype is real.

Most of the footage in the tantalizing teaser shows off areas that we already encountered in the screenshots – and the quality of the video itself is absolutely abysmal – but that certainly hasn't stopped us from praising the sun in excitement. Interestingly, the trailer features the iconic theme from Demon's Soul, which may suggest that this new game is in fact the spiritual sequel that the Internet has been clamouring for.

Unfortunately, it's likely that the music playing in the clip has been added in afterwards. With that said, we're pretty certain that the game exists in the Souls universe, since the footage features the distinctive white fog gate. Of course, the other possibility is that this is all a ruse set up by From Software to divert attention from some other amazing project that it has waiting in the wings. But, er, we'd prefer not to think about that.

Does this footage soothe your soul, or are you waiting for an official announcement? Reverse hollowing in the comments section below.

[ Thanks for the tip, Swiket ]

[via youtube.com]

The lead character reminds me of the protagonist from Stranger's Wrath. Anyone else getting that vibe?

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

All these leaks about Project Beast makes you wonder why other games haven't leaked out (Within Sony if it is Sony) in a similar fashion and why no one has placed the hammer down.

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

I've just finished Dark Souls 2, so it's nice to have something else to look forward to!

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Am I looking at the same blurry footage? What is there to get hyped about here? I am missing something.

Splat

Splat said:

The quality isn't very good because it's really just 4 or 5 GIF's put together to look like a video.

TOMBOY25

TOMBOY25 said:

i enjoyed dark souls 2 but thought it was to easy and didnt have that sort of evil vibe DS1 did (gaping dragon seriously terrifying) but this looks much better.

N711

N711 said:

@Swiket it may be a good thing. I m hoping it will push Sony to show more 'unexpected' stuff instead of keeping things under wraps as I suspect they want to for next year. I think they need to show off and shine now even if its showing games coming a while later and not care about idiots saying its vaporware

PorkinsUK

PorkinsUK said:

Bracing hard for this! It has quite a Van Helsing vibe to it, what with the coat/hat and shotgun(?). Hopefully that theme stays prominent, I really like it. Be quite nice to see them adopt some Monster Hunter elements too - but equally so, if they stick to the Souls formula - I'm totally okay with that. One of my favourite series in recent years!

SecondServing

SecondServing said:

I'd like some real co-op this time around, not just summons. I think that would be a nice thing for a the next Souls game.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Idk, trailer clip doesn't look that great to me [shrugs]

Lords of the Fallen, on the other hand... now THAT piqued my interest. Nonetheless, I'll reserve judgement until I know more about Project Beast.

PorkinsUK

PorkinsUK said:

@SecondServing Amen to that. I had some nightmarishly long sessions just trying to connect with others in DS1. It's one area where the PC always stood out. Plus now that Miyazaki is at the helm of From Software - hopefully we'll see lots of big things from the Souls series!

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

im guessing its a Demon Souls 2, exclusive to PS4.
and with that, I'm no longer upset that Dark souls 2 skipped the new generation.
I can wait for project beast :)