PS4 Shooter Tom Clancy's The Division Stockpiled Until 2015

This will prove divisive

Far Cry 4 may be making a somewhat surprise appearance on the PlayStation 4 this November, but Tom Clancy’s The Division has been placed back in the gun cabinet until next year. The open world shooter had been set to deploy this Christmas, but developer Ubisoft Massive has stressed that it will not compromise the action RPG’s quality in order to hit the aforementioned deadline.

“Working on The Division is a once in a lifetime opportunity for all of us at Massive, Reflections, and Red Storm Entertainment,” a studio spokesperson explained on the game's official website. “We are creating something that we are really proud of, and we don’t want to compromise on quality. We are going to release the game when it’s ready.”

Despite the delay, the title will be on display at E3 next month, with the developer stressing that it can’t wait to reveal what it’s been up to. Much like Watch Dogs before it, the release dropped jaws last year due to its outrageous graphical fidelity. The sandbox shooter is just one of many upcoming next-gen releases that aims to blur the lines between single player and multiplayer.

[via tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com]

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

I don't mind really, they rather polish it and make it worth the wait, they already promised us WatchDogs to be good, we'll see about that shortly and also TheCrew should still be coming this year, also there are plenty of other games that I want to play with only that much of time. I don't mind at all.

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

I'm really really looking forward to this, I don't mind a delay. They're probably also avoiding destiny and CoD/BF5, and why not.

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

Delays aren't necessarily a problem per se but realisation is starting to dawn on gamers that when they see a fancy CG game trailer revealed at E3 that said game probably isn't even at an early alpha build stage yet and won't be ready any time soon. I can understand that these reveals are as much a recruitment and marketing drive than anything else but personally I prefer the Apple-style reveal technique where they make a new product announcement and BOOM it's ready to buy.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

Im fine with it. Had too many games I wanted to purchase this year anyway.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

I really wonder what all the fuss about "true next gen starting 2015" is all about. It's not like a bad game is a good game only because of a few frames more or a higher resolution. A good game is a good game. Period. And I see plenty of good games coming out this year, thus plenty to play.

Mrskinner

Mrskinner said:

I can't wait for this, just hope the visuals down get a downgrade. This looks beautiful so far

KAPADO

KAPADO said:

I just knew it. Can Ubisoft put out anything on time?
Even Sony isn't that bad

AD-80

AD-80 said:

SO HYPED FOR THIS GAME I GOT TO SHOUT IT TO THE WORLD! Looks like the best 3ps of all the next gen shooters.

iSolipsistJudas

iSolipsistJudas said:

I don't mind this being delayed. I'm glad it's being delayed. So many games are coming out on PS4 now, that I want to enjoy each game instead of moving swiftly on to the next game. Out of all the announced "next-gen"(current-gen) games, I am most excited for this game.

Midzark

Midzark said:

I so Hope Destiny doesn't get delayed!! Everything around it had been delayed!! I don't mind delays as 9/10 times it only makes the game better!! But does also suck lol :p

AD-80

AD-80 said:

@THEundying27 That's a great opinion, but have you seen Driveclub recently? The PS4 has the chops for great looking games. This was a standout title at E3. I'm thinking you might be proven wrong on this one buddy.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Don't see what the hype is about regarding this game anyway.

@KAPADO

The worst part is the delays don't seem to do much. Watch Dogs was pushed back 6 months after its original release date and still the team behind it couldn't manage 1080p, 60 frames per second. I don't think anybody expected The Division to be ready this year though and this official confirmation has to be the least surprising announcement to this point in 2014.