Free PS4 Racer DriveClub PS Plus Edition Will Feature 10 Cars and 5 Tracks

And access to all features and modes

As previously announced, PlayStation Plus members will be able to ride away with a free version of PlayStation 4 exclusive DriveClub when the racer releases in October. However, as the company stressed before the Evolution Studios developed title's delay, this Instant Game Collection edition will not give you access to everything that you’ll find on the Blu-ray disc. So, what will you get?

Writing on the European PlayStation Blog, game director Paul Rustchynsky confirmed that the freebie will include ten vehicles and five tracks set in one country. There’ll be 11 variants of these race courses, so the tedium shouldn’t set in too quickly. Moreover, the lead ensures that this is bigger than a mere taster. “It’s hardly a demo because you'll get access to all of the game’s features, online and offline,” he said.

While you won’t be able to complete the core single player campaign – you’ll need access to the other tracks and cars to do that – the developer confirmed last year that you will be able to earn the game’s Platinum Trophy. In addition, it sounds like you’ll be able to upgrade to the full version at a discounted price. Are you satisfied with this, or is your entitlement engine heading into overdrive? Complain in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Sure, 10 cars & 5 tracks doesnt sound like a lot but I wasn'nt expecting to be able to access all the games features :) Who can argue with a free pop at the game

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

Sounds like a good model for the average car fan. Probably won't seem like a good deal for people who love racing games unless the discount is deep.

scarecrowknife

scarecrowknife said:

Sounds good as a try before you buy kinda thing. Do we know how many cars there are in the full release?

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

This title reminds me about Ridge Racer for PSV. It has very low scores on metacritic, but I really liked it. Hope developers won't make same mistake as RR developers did. And will add normal single player campaign to the game.

@Gemuarto Yeah, the full game will have something called the DriveClub Tour, which is basically a single player campaign.

rjejr

rjejr said:

They should make PS+ 30FPS and the full game 60FPS just because. ;-)

RawShark

RawShark said:

If I enjoy the plus version, I reckon I could be tempted to upgrade if the price is right. I'm thinking £20 would be about right.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

This is good for anyone like me who wants to try the game without shelling out the money only to discover they dont like it. Heck it I like it enough I will probably buy the full version then.

McSterls

McSterls said:

I like it! I was wondering if PS Plus members would get a discount, I'll buy this for sure.

iSolipsistJudas

iSolipsistJudas said:

How can you platinum the game without having access to the single player campaign? Doesn't seem like a complete finish to playing the game to me.
But I am excited about playing this.

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

im satisfied. especially since demos seem to be a thing of yesteryear now, i'm glad to give it a try for free! Also, competing online in the free version is a big bonus.
Depending on how steep the discount, and how much I like the game, I would then buy it or not.
Overall a very smart business model. It's certainly not enough content to satisfy gamers who really love the game and want to play it, but it's enough to get a really good taste for those who aren't sure.

Midzark

Midzark said:

I shall try the Demo, after they said it was running at 30fps I was very much shocked at this news! See how smooth it runs 1st!!