Far Cry 4 Heads to the Himalayas on PS4, PS3 This November

Get mahout of here

It seems that the days of announcing titles years in advance are long gone, as Ubisoft has just confirmed that Far Cry 4 will release on 18th November in North America and 21st November in Europe. The first-person shooter – which has been rumoured in the past – will release on both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, and will aim to build upon the somewhat unexpected success of 2012’s open world outing Far Cry 3.

As previously rumoured, the release will take you to the Himalayas, where you’ll find yourself fighting against the regime of a “despotic self-appointed king”. You’ll need to use an array of weapons, vehicles, and animals – including elephants – to overturn the despicable tyrant, in an adventure that promises plenty of exotic scenery.

“We wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans’ expectations,” executive producer Dan Hay explained in a press release. “Given the unique setting, we feel that Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter, and we’re eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months.”

If you pre-order the title, you’ll receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition package, which will include Hurk’s Redemption – a trio of single player missions featuring the popular character from the previous escapade. You’ll also unlock access to the aforementioned personality’s signature harpoon gun, which is chillingly titled ‘The Impaler’. Unsurprisingly, the title’s first footage will be shown at E3 next month during Ubisoft’s pre-show media briefing. Excited?

Related Games

Splat

Splat said:

I freaking loved FC3. It was some of the most fun I have had going for a Platinum trophy. Outside of those few online trophies...

I have all ready read many complaints about it being Cross-gen but people need to understand there is no way developers are passing on that money.

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

:P ACE! ;) I wish there was a FC:Blood Dragon 2 to coming erm to :( LOVED FC3:BD :P

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

That's how I like it. BOOM there's our game, BOOM there's the release date, BOOM it's in a few months. BOOM, here's my money!

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

Sweet mother of awesome!! this is great news hopefully there will be another Blood Dragon

@Scollurio I agree. From a publisher perspective, it's a much, much better approach. Not sure it works out so great for us — we don't get to spend like three years writing about it! ;)

memoryman3

memoryman3 said:

Yep, First ditching exclusive support for Wii U, then ditching multiplatform parity for Wii U, then ditching Wii U altogeher.....

Also, Watch Dogs Wii U isn't even MENTIONED on the sheet.

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

I hope they do bring it to the 'next level' it has the possibility to stagnate like GTA, I'm sure it'll be stupid crazy fun, sounds like my Christmas is sorted... hopefully. Liked fc2 and loved fc3.

mitcHELLspawn

mitcHELLspawn said:

Wow. The game space is really starting to get crowded around sept/oct/Nov isn't it? going to be some pile of games. And I'll probably end up picking them all up lol. I'm crazy for collecting so usually end up with pretty much every AAA release of the year. can't wait to fly through wolfenstien next week before watch dogs drops !

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Have to agree with what's been said above — I like it much better when a game is announced just a few months before it's released. A lot of publishers could learn from this, Ubisoft included!

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

@memoryman3 Would you have it any other way? :D

Topic: isn't this just coincidental? I've just bought the Far Cry: The Wild Expedition today and FC4 is announced for November, which is close to Assassin's Creed 5... Hmmmm.... Anyway this is good they won't be able to "downgrade" the game in this timeframe.

Lionhart

Lionhart said:

I don't understand why some here are acting as if cross-platform is a bad thing. I think it is a win, win scenario for all involved. My sister and a lot of my friends refuse to upgrade to PS4 as they're satisfied with the PS3 and well I'm buying a PS4 this Black Friday. I haven't played any Far Cry titles but if what I see of FC4 at E3 impresses me then I'll buy it.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@memoryman3

Rest assured Watch Dogs is coming to Wii U. Although it'll probably be the last major AAA game considering the relatively poor AAA sales, aside from perhaps the annual CoD which never fails to get announced in the fall.

For me, it was never an 'either or' proposition. I got my PS4 for my games like this, which I just pre ordered about 5 minutes ago. Wii U is for my Nintendo platform exclusives, which I love every bit as much. Haven't got an Xbox One yet, but I already pre ordered Sunset Overdrive for it so it's just a matter of time. Hoping they release a slimmer model by then so I don't have a tank of a console that doesn't stand upright sitting next to my other 2. Idk why they made the X1 so big- the thing is gargantuan...

Madd_Hatter401

Madd_Hatter401 said:

I am friggin pumped for this news! I am not exactly excited that it will also be last gen as i'm sure if it was current gen only alot more could and would have been added. I wait for a time when last gen does not hold back greater creativity.

sundquist11

sundquist11 said:

NHL is the best sports game of all time. WIth the new announcers it will be sick. Haven't played NHL on playstation is R2 pass?

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

Far Cry 3 was very broken and stupid. Can't understand why anybody wants Far Cry 4.

kupo

kupo said:

I hope the minimap isn't as "useful" as it was in FC3. My eyes were definitely on it more than on the actual game. Seriously hampered the whole experience for me.

Also, there better be a yeti in this game. And a Blood Dragon spin off.

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

Awesome. Awesome to the max.

I was a latecomer to the Far Cry 3 party (just played it a few months ago), but it quickly became one of my favorite FPS games of all time. Barring terrible reviews, I'll be hopping on the elephant-drawn Far Cry 4 bandwagon the moment it sets off.

Dodoo

Dodoo said:

I also loved FC3 so can't wait for this.

Not sure I'm into the setting yet though so looking forward to seeing more at E3...