Child of Light Points a Beacon in the Direction of PS Vita

Aurora in wonderland

When we reviewed Child of Light back in April, many pondered whether the resplendent role-playing game would extend to the PlayStation Vita. While publisher Ubisoft was coy at the time, it’s now confirmed that Igniculus and crew are set to march onto Sony’s handheld system in July, giving you yet another reason to return to Lemuria this summer.

Due out on 1st July in North America and 2nd July in Europe, the portable port will retail for £11.99 on the PlayStation Store. A physical edition will also be available in the UK – and presumably other territories, too – and will boast a bonus quest, additional character, and a pack of collectibles. Admit it: you’re excited, aren’t you?

We absolutely adored this dazzling UbiArt adventure on the big screen, and as far as we can tell from the first trailers and screenshots, this pocketable re-release looks exactly the same. “A lot like Braid in 2008, this will be a title that comes to represent a whole new generation of ‘artsy’ affairs,” our reviewer Mat Growcott wrote last month. Who said that the Vita’s dead?

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

Do we know if it is cross-buy with the PS3 and PS4 versions? Would be nice if it was, but I haven't bought it yet so if it isn't I'll buy the Vita version.

memoryman3

memoryman3 said:

Also, it's apparently 408p like Uncharted and Minecraft Vita, but it is 60fps. Rayman was native.

Plus Wii U and PS3 versions were 720p so I understand.....

memoryman3

memoryman3 said:

@get2sammyb Checked the size of the press images and the Minecraft direct feed shot on the computer. 720x408 native for both (they looked crisp at the image size with no signs of downsampling.)

memoryman3

memoryman3 said:

Minecraft on iOS is native res and 60fps (with PC graphics) so I dunno why Vita isn't.

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

Yes please, I would have ended up playing this on ps4 but sack that, vita all the way. I smell a vita pre order coming. I assumed ubi were gonna ignore vita again, it makes sense not to.

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

I hope Vita version will be cross-buy with the PS4 version or at less their been a option for PS4 version to upgrade to the Complete Edition.

Anyway Ubisoft should fix the issue with missing sound in Share video

Chronobreak

Chronobreak said:

I'll get it for sure already 100% on ps4 so here's hoping it has its own set of trophies unlike Borderlands 2 for the Vita

JeffreyG

JeffreyG said:

Already have it on my Wii U, but I might just get a physical version, just because.

If they could now confirm that Vita version of the Ratchet & Clank collection, my week will be perfect. :)

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@JeffreyG

Yeah, I have it on Wii U too, but I can't resist a Vita version. I'm gonna have to buy this.

And yeah, GOTTA get a physical release too if that comes out. Dang, how many copies of this game am I gonna end up buyin...?

bbq_boy

bbq_boy said:

My fingers have been glued to vita! This is another game to buy and add to my backlog lol.

Lucky_SouL

Lucky_SouL said:

So, what is the combat like in this game? Missed out on it the first time around because it seems like a better handheld experience. Is it turn-based?

Dodoo

Dodoo said:

Count me in. This is perfect for Vita!

I hope Transistor also makes the jump to Sony's handheld...

fishwilson

fishwilson said:

If I just could tear myself away from Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen, my Vita would get so much love right now, and this one is obviously a must play too. But alas I'm stuck out on bitterblack isle, probably for months to come still.