By Zeus' Beard! God of War Collection Goes Cross-Buy on Vita

Fit for a God

You’ll be able to put your PlayStation Vita’s face buttons through their paces this week, as the God of War Collection is set to storm Olympus later today in North America and tomorrow in Europe. Boasting both the first and second games in Sony Santa Monica’s iconic Greek God slaying series, the title will also be fully cross-buy compatible, meaning that if you purchase the digital version, you’ll unlock the PlayStation 3 release and vice versa. In other words, you may already own this.

Much like the Sly Cooper Trilogy, this is a direct conversion of Bluepoint Games’ excellent high-definition upgrade, although it does feature a few new touch inputs. “The God of War Collection for Vita brings the same level of full control to [the portable],” community manager Aaron Kaufman explained on the PlayStation Blog. “We’ve also added touch control enhancements to environmental weapon interactions like catapults and opening doors, which happens to work great for opening chests as well. “

Will you be donning your finest Toga and taking the fight to Ares on the train? Scream at Athena in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

belmont

belmont said:

Another free game for my Vita :-)
Vita is becoming one of my favorite consoles!

danny2kd

danny2kd said:

This will be the third time I own this! I hope they bring out the psp collection aswel.
@get2sammyb is it out in the UK tomorrow as I thought it wasn't while Friday

belmont

belmont said:

@get2sammyb I am not sure if I would buy GOW on Vita full price but I would definitely get it.

This is a little bit off topic but I really like this Cross-Buy thing (even if it is DLC only in some games) and it is good that we also have PS4-Vita Cross-Buy titles. I also like that PS1 Classics are playable in PS3,PSP and Vita. I wish Nintendo used it sometime but it seems impossible. I have tons of games in Virtual Console and I have to pay a small fee to get the Wii U versions and full price to get the 3DS versions.

@danny2kd Vita upscales the PSP games perfectly in my opinion. Ghost of Sparta is one of my favorites of the series.

RawShark

RawShark said:

Neat. I got the first GOW as a PS Plus freebie, so I wonder if that will count?

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

My copy arrived today. We'll see how good it is...

EDIT: It's good. Frustrating at the beginning (couldn't figure out how to beat triple Serpent monster), but once you get in the swing of things and the type of thinking needed to figure things out, it all comes together nicely. My first GoW trophy was titled "Im Getting My A** Kicked". Which unfortunately kind of set the tone for my next hour or so of gameplay.

BLGDADDY-D90

BLGDADDY-D90 said:

Just bought the saga collection for 20 last week would be nice to get it free on the pita but doubt it since it's not digital