Blast Off! PS4 Shooter Killzone: Shadow Fall Takes Flight with Jet Packs

Hig on high

Killzone: Shadow Fall may have a narrative about as engaging as an amateur sci-fi epic conceived on the back of a Starbucks napkin, but its multiplayer remains a real underrated asset. And, as promised yesterday, developer Guerrilla Games is gearing up for a big announcement regarding the online component later this week. We already know that this reveal will probably entail some kind of co-op mode, but now the studio has hinted that jet packs could be on the way as well.

Posting on Twitter overnight, the studio wrote: “We are ready, how about you?” It included the hashtags ‘Killzone’, ‘Something New’, and ‘Jet Pack’, while also attaching a short Vine video of what appears to be one of the aerial accessories from Killzone 3. A sane person would assume that the rocket propelled peripherals are set to soar into the next-gen release as part of the game’s latest premium add-on pack.

The post-release support for the first-person shooter has actually been somewhat unprecedented, with the studio working tirelessly to patch connectivity issues, bundle in new features, and even create free map packs. The big question is: are you still playing the exclusive, or have you moved on to other games? Blast off in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com]

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

I was trying out the new map last night with my co-editor. Such domination :D Still play it on a regular basis, Battlefield 4 has been consigned to the sub bench. Not sure how I feel about Jetpacks tho as theres already enough drones n the like hovering here, there & everywhere! Still, any additions to freshen things up a little can't be a bad thing

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

ShadowFall > TitanFall :D

Played a bit last night & it was FUN online KZ:SF still :P

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

I'm still to finish with this game, I don't reckon I'll be done with it for a long time, still havent tried the multiplayer, I feel ashamed.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Best shooter I've played in a long while and am still playing. This replaced Battlefield and COD for me. Love it. @SimonAdebisi the multiplayer is really stunning, needs some "getting into"-time though.

RawWilson1

RawWilson1 said:

Still playing it. Definitely one of my favorite games on PS4. It's so much fun^-^

Dannyboy1996

Dannyboy1996 said:

This game is so underrated, so many people say it's rubbish when they ain't even played it. It has got to be one of the greatest games on ps4!

Dodoo

Dodoo said:

I loved this game too. It was much better than many "professional reviewers" would have you believe...

Yeah the story is weak but who plays shooters for the storyline? I know I don't!

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

If this co-op mode turns out to be good, you won't be able to tear me away from Shadow Fall. The gunplay is what Killzone does best.

cherrypoppa

cherrypoppa said:

Best MP on PS4/XBO IMO. Can't wait for co-op, as I don't have any co-op to play on my PS4, I've heard that Ghosts has a good co-op but didn't buy it as I've lost interest in COD. So me and a mate still play terrorist hunt in Rainbow six Vegas 2 on PS3! (Best co-op ever)

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

YEEEEEES THANKYOU !!!! This is all i wanted in shadow fall and its comming, i was awesome with the jetpack, cant wait to readjust with it!!!