You Can Buy These PlayStation Games for Less Than a Dollar

Eggcellent value

There’s nothing worse than a long weekend with nothing to play. While this editor is fortunate enough to never not have a backlog, thrifty gamers may be thrilled to learn that Sony is running a pretty impressive sale in North America, featuring a whopping 30 games for just $0.99. Yeah, that’s less than a dollar.

Admittedly, you won’t find The Last of Us and God of War: Ascension in its reduction roster, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some delicacies available in this cut-price buffet. Highlights include Braid, Echochrome II, Plants vs. Zombies, and Retro City Rampage, as well as the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro trilogies if you’re looking for some old-school hits.

Other noteworthy inclusions comprise the completely wacky Tokyo Jungle, timeless Super Stardust HD, and Trophy bolstering Back to the Future: The Game. You can peruse the full list of not-quite-freebies on the PlayStation Blog, alongside handy links to the PlayStation Store. Just keep in mind that the promotion’s set to end at 07:00AM on 21st April, so complete those transactions quick.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

Has anyone played world gone sour? I'd never pay much at all for a game like that, but for .99 I think it could be funny. I'll probably pick up the crash games I don't own, although it's still terrible that we haven't gotten them to work on vita in the us (crash or Spyro)

RawShark

RawShark said:

The day Uncharted 4 gets officially announced I'm going to start replaying all of Naughty Dogs back catalogue. From Crash 1 all the way to TLOU. Not necessarily to completion but as much of each game as I can stand before moving on. Figure it might make for a good video blog.

Azikira

Azikira said:

Am I the only one who can't buy Crash Commando? I talked to customer support and they said it was having technical issues with specifically just that game.

Klinny

Klinny said:

Aw man, I'll have to check this out when I get home. Also, I notice Tokyo Jungle is on the list. I would strongly recommend it, especially for a dollar! Braid is pretty great as well.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Glad I stumbled across this, I have barely enough money for a PS1 classic thats been sitting on my account doing nothing. Been saving it for just this sort of occasion.

Definitely getting Retro City Rampage and Tokyo jungle.

Grockumus

Grockumus said:

Yesterday, I saw Echochrome (not the second one, but the first one) on there, but every time I tried selecting it, it gave me the same problem that Crash Commando does (even though I already have Crash Commando). Echochrome, ever since its release on PSN, has NEVER had a discount or sale, so I was pretty fumed to realize it's not really a part of the Flash Sale :( Still grabbed Echochrome 2, though!

Hetsumani

Hetsumani said:

This is just a pitiful attempt from Sony to get people away from Steam's Goat Simulator. :P
Seriously though, I just grabbed the Back to the Future, Gex, Jurassic Park, Everyday Shooter, Tokyo Jungle and Blast Factor. Yay, more backlog!

kingston589

kingston589 said:

I bought spyro 3, sam and max season 3, tales from monkey island, braid, tokyo jungle, and retro city rampage. Planning on buying more!

bauckster

bauckster said:

Man, this is such a great sale! I've already bought Crash 1 & 3, World Gone Sour, Super Stardust HD, Tales of Monkey Island, echocrome ii, and When Vikings Attack. Serious BACKLOGGERY! (Good thing I already own Everyday Shooter, Retro/Grade, 2 Spyros, and Tokyo Jungle :P )

Plus, I'm contemplating getting Braid, Plants vs. Zombies (I own both of these on PC but not PSN), and maybe Crash 2 or Sam & Max - Devil's Playhouse. Too good of a deal!!!