This Bound by Flame Trailer Heats Up the PS4 RPG's Hype

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Boiling point

Hot off the heels of the game's first PlayStation 4 trailer which landed at the beginning of the week, Bound by Flame's newest video showcases a little more than just its action packed combat.

It's only a short glimpse into what's supposedly a hefty slice of next-gen RPG goodness, but there's still plenty to feast your eyes upon here. We get a closer look at the core fighting mechanics, as well as a few little snippets of information regarding the title's companion system. We already know that you'll be able to forge steamy relationships with your allies if you wish, but your fellow warriors have more to them than that. Taking them into battle, you'll be able to form effective partnerships as you chop and change combat styles in order to gel better with your comrade's own techniques. It's probably a good job that you've got some help, too, as the enemies certainly don't look like pushovers.

Scorching Sony's newest console next month, we're hoping that Bound by Flame manages to provide a warm start to Summer. Are you starting to get hot under the collar? Strip down in the comments section below.

Related Games

naruball

naruball said:

Not only does it look like an awesome game, but that's what a trailer should be about. Gameplay, not cutscenes that are by no means an accurate representation of the game. Think I'll wait and get it whenever I buy a ps4.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@naruball I tend to agree - it also helps that this is a really well made trailer. Hoping that the finished product turns out to be a great first fantasy RPG for PS4.

Punkinhead145

Punkinhead145 said:

This trailer resparked my interest in this game. The last 'combat' trailer had formed some doubts in my head

3rdEyeMind

3rdEyeMind said:

Looks extremely repetitive.

....sigh my PS4 continues to gather dust. Only the brilliant Thief got me back on it.

N711

N711 said:

Yea at last a good trailer.. Still not convinced by the combat but it does look great and fun.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

@3rdEyeMind Why gathering dust? With over 50 games already released, I struggle to believe there is nothing on the PS4 to play. I assume you are enjoying games on other devices more at the moment.

In any case, from May there is heaps of good looking new games come out. FFXIV will probably keep me going until then.

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

It looks good and somewhat fun, definitely worth a rent for me but I don't think I want to sink a ton of hours into it.