Tales of Xillia 2 Rides the Rails to Europe on 22nd August

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Brings a collector's edition with it

It's been a long while since we've heard anything on the upcoming sequel to the delightful Tales of Xillia, but today we've received not one, but two announcements regarding the eagerly anticipated Japanese RPG.

For starters, Tales of Xillia 2 will be arriving on European PlayStation 3s on 22nd August, which marks the start of an incredibly strong RPG line up as we head out of the summer, with sci-fi shooter Destiny following in September, and Dragon Age: Inquisition dealing damage in October. Secondly, and perhaps unsurprisingly, the title will boast a rather substantial collector's edition, which features a metal case, a replica pocket watch, a soundtrack CD, an art book, a figurine of protagonist Ludger Kresnik, and the game itself. Are you dying to jump back into Xillia's world to see what's changed? Celebrate the RPG genre with us in the comments section below.

Update: Tales of Xillia 2 will be smashing its way into North America on 19th August.

[via abyssalchronicles.com]

NicolaHaydenStaff

NicolaHayden said:

I passed on the Xillia CE but it looks like I'm going to have to grab the one for no.2.

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

@artemisthemp I'm only interested in buying the Regular/Standard Edition, and I more than likely won't be doing that until the price drops down to $40 New on Amazon first.

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

I just seen the content of the US CE and EU is getting shaft again.
1. No Soundtrack
2. No Costumes
3. No Rollo Key Chain

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@SuperSilverback A lot of characters return in this, even as party members. Needless to say that it's definitely a good idea to play the first before playing this.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@SuperSilverback Yeah I know you've played it — I've seen you on it countless times on the PSN! Just pointing it out in case other people were curious.

And aw, I thought the ending was fine!

SuperSilverback

SuperSilverback said:

@ShogunRok Hah, i was hooked!! Cant wait for Tales on the vita.

The ending was good, but i just expected more.Last boss was cool as hell tho. Wont say anymore for anyone who hasnt played it yet

Alpha

Alpha said:

Please update this when and if you find out a Release date for North America please! :D