Set Sail in One Piece: Unlimited World Red This June

Posted by Nicola Hayden

We're all going on a summer holiday

It won't be long until you can join the Straw Hat crew in their pirate antics with the announcement that One Piece: Unlimited World Red will be arriving on the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita on 22nd June in Europe, and sometime in July in North America. Accompanying the announcement is a trailer which unveils the original character Red — the release's antagonist — as well as the game's combat system, which looks similar to what you'd find in the Pirate Warriors titles. The previously announced Western-exclusive coliseum mode also gets shown off as we see Luffy and Law battle together in the arena.

If you're wanting to nab yourself a copy, then there's even more good news with the reveal of two collector's editions. First up is a day one edition, which includes a copy of the game, Luffy's Strong World outfit, nine other costumes commemorating Japan's 15th anniversary of the animated series, and a special quest featuring our two favourite brothers, Luffy and Ace. If that's not enough swag for you, then you can get yourself the 'Chopper Edition'. Included in this version is all of the day one edition content, ten stickers of the Straw Hat Crew and the game's logo, an art book, the Takoyaki DLC pack — which contains three costumes and one quest — as well as a keyring, wall scroll, and lanyard of everyone's favourite doctor, Chopper. Are you going to pick up this pirate's bounty? Leave your greedy thoughts in the comments section below.

[via bandainamcogames.co.uk]

Related Games

Aaronzord

Aaronzord said:

I love One Piece. A lot.

But it's hard to be excited about this. The Unlimited Cruise games sucked the life out of me, so I really can't find any enthusiasm for another one. If I see it really cheap, I'll buy it for my collection. Only the basic version though, because ugh...Chopper.

By the way: "the Star Hate Crew" - I think that should be "the Straw Hat Crew". >_>

LigerZeroN

LigerZeroN said:

Do you guys know if the US is getting this too, or are we going to get it through the playstation network just like the othe two One Piece games?

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@LigerZeroN On Vita, it'll be exclusive to only a couple of stores as a retail release (GameStop and EBGames, I think). On PS3, it should be available nationwide as a retail release.

And on both platforms, you'll be able to download it, too.

dante4392

dante4392 said:

I was expecting more. But because it's one piece I'll buy it for the right price when the price is right

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Nami looks beautiful as always! Gum gum bazooka! :) i love one piece. In my breaks i watch one episode at a time.