PS4's SOMA May Make You Never Want to Take Up Diving

Posted by Nicola Hayden

Under the ocean, no one can hear you scream

The team at Frictional Games has a fearsome reputation. While the studio may be relatively unknown, its most famous title Amnesia: The Dark Decent has made more YouTubers scream than we've had cups of coffee. This time, PlayStation 4 owners will be scared witless, as its latest property SOMA snuggles down in its new home on the next-gen console. We were teased with screenshots of this underwater nightmare in January, but now we can watch its first proper trailer.

While the footage doesn't reveal anything in terms of gameplay, it shows off the title's setting in the sea depths. Don't expect the five star treatment of BioShock's illuminated Rapture, though, as this game wants you to get up close and personal with all of the frightful mysteries at the bottom of its aquatic adventure. Whether they're giant squids, luminescent fish, or just some grotesque crustaceans waiting to make you their next meal, our beloved oceans are about to become your worst enemy. With its release date set for 2015, are you prepared to sleep with the fishes? Leave your maritime adventures in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

odd69

odd69 said:

Looks awesome to me but the trailer was long and slow lol I almost dosed off

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

I love the ocean and have a terror of it...even more so the deep ocean, so I'm definitely interested in this :)

kensredemption

kensredemption said:

This over saturation of horror games is going to grow old really quickly. Save horror for Halloween - when it's cold outside and everything's dying.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@kensredemption I hope they're giving us these now because they're saving a bona fide SH for Halloween. I hope.

This game reminded me of Odell Down Under. I'd love an indie remake of that

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

Looks like and I'm hoping something of a mash up of alien isolation gameplay, TLOU style and sanctum (film) setting. All looks pretty good. Possible Morpheus version in the future? Also wouldn't be surprised if they ported amnesia to ps4, would have preferred that to outlast.