Persona 4 Goes for Gold on the PlayStation 3

Yu know you'll buy it

Fans of high school drama and strange stuffed animals will be delighted to learn that Persona 4 is coming to the PlayStation 3. Judging by an ESRB listing spotted by Siliconera, the popular JRPG will launch as a PS2 Classic, meaning that it will be without the additional content incorporated into the award winning PlayStation Vita re-release. Still, if you don’t own Sony’s handheld and stashed away your PlayStation 2 years ago, this should provide you with an ideal opportunity to enjoy the seminal adventure.

There’s no word on a release date just yet, but Atlus seems eager to add its back catalogue to the platform holder’s online plaza – after all, the wordy Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army [Phew – Ed] is set to launch on the North American PlayStation Store later today. Are you excited by this news? How many times can you say the above title aloud without making a mistake? Make an obscure reference in the comments section below.

[via esrb.org, siliconera.com]

Alpha

Alpha said:

Please let this be real and no April Fools Joke, ill be really upset

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I'm just glad it's not coming to the PS4, otherwise the comments would be a disaster right now.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Not bad if you've missed out on what is (in my opinion) one of the best games ever made.

I'd absolutely love a spruced up collection that contains Persona 3, 4, and 5 (once it's released) on PS4. Hell, even PS3.

Swiket

Swiket said:

Persona 4 was pretty much the only reason I wanted a Vita... so yeah. I'll just buy this now.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Oh look, it's the Persona 4 release Noone gave a damn about at launch making its way to Ps3 (honestly you could buy a sealed copy of the game for less than £10 a year after release) No doubt it'll sell this time riding on the P4G wave ;)

Heiki

Heiki said:

P4 is the best game ever made. It is just perfect in every sense.
I have it on my Vita, but I may get this just to play the game on the big screen.

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

I'm a proud owner of the PS2 original, this is JRPG at its finest.
But please allow me to be snob and say this: nowadays ther is only one way to play P4, and it is its Golden edition on Vita.