Feast Your Eyes on 7 Minutes of Destiny Running on PS4

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Destined for greatness

The lead-up to E3 is really hotting up now, as Bungie has unveiled a seven minute gameplay trailer for Destiny. Taking place in what used to be Russia, the video showcases co-op gameplay as three guardians fight their way through a ravaged wasteland that's full of ruined buildings and other gritty scenery.

Aside from the gameplay demo that we witnessed at Sony's press conference last year, we haven't seen much of the eagerly anticipated sci-fi shooter since. Thankfully, this relatively lengthy slice of footage should get you excited for this year's Los Angeles based convention. We get a good look at the Fallen – a space pirate-like enemy race who have gained control of the barren territory – as well as the various abilities that each class of guardian possesses. Which one man army looks like your cup of tea? Take to the skies with us in the comments section below.

Related Games

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

I was originally pretty excited for this but the more I see the more I think of cod in space.

ivanmata

ivanmata said:

I don't like how the neon lights hide enemies that are far from you, I hope it doesn't become a big issue.

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

Looks awesome. Right up my ally for a FPS. With this alligned to Sony and quite possibly the next Titanfall (which will undoubtedly be significantly better) on ps4 also, I really dont see much more hope for xbox. Yes a few* die xbox lovers will buy it and a few hardcore gamers will buy both consoles, but its really going to be hard for a lot of gamers to not buy the ps4.

*few = few million :p

Chris1975

Chris1975 said:

This looks EPIC.......fell away from COD after Black Ops 2, didn't hold my interest as there was nothing new of note but this looks co-operative and fresh. Very much a suped up Borderlands look to it, especially the guns.

IronManDS

IronManDS said:

Hmmm. After watching that video, the best I can come up with is "meh". Not being a huge Halo fan (loved Halo 1, the rest were wanna-be Halo 1's), I was cautiously optimistic about this title.

Depressing......

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

This. Loved Halo and this looks just like my cup of tea. Quite looking forward to this.

Also, Bungie confirmed that you can transfer your saves from last to current gen, should you want to upgrade later. Nice.

NicolaHaydenStaff

NicolaHayden said:

@Confused_Dude I thought Borderlands when I saw it last E3 but now it feels like a dash of Left 4 Dead is in there too. Either way, launch day can't come any sooner.

kingandaval

kingandaval said:

Having played all 6 Halo games I can tell you that this looks like a dream you've had inside the greatest Halo game you'll ever play.

I'm just worried about the narrative but time will tell.

bbq_boy

bbq_boy said:

The bad guys don't seem to do much damage. What makes co-op so exciting is to hear your mates screaming 'help! I'm pinned down every now and then' then when we OVERCOME the encounter that's the thrill on the game. COD does it so right even on normal setting. Hope the difficulty fairly ramps up after an hour to make our teams sweat a little!

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

I don't see Halo at all in this. Destiny reminds me of Borderlands on steroids X 100