Don't Forget Your Free Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS4 Upgrade
Posted by Nicola Hayden
The PlayStation 4's latest MMO goes live in the form of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn today, and whether you're a regular visitor to Eorzea or your copy of the game is lying dormant on your shelf, you can now finally experience this adventure in the high-definition that it so richly deserves. With every person who has purchased a copy of the PlayStation 3 release able to upgrade to the next-gen format free of charge, it's perfect for old fans as well as new if you're wanting to nab yourself a bargain.
With the upgrade preventing you from playing your original copy of the game, you may be wary of the jump, but there are many reasons to trade up. Besides the next-gen graphics setting it on par with its PC counterpart, the share button functionality will allow you to record your most legendary battles and post them online for the world to see. Also included is keyboard and mouse compatibility, which is a must for chatting during dungeon runs. There's no rush to upgrade, with registration available until the end of the year, but if you want to get involved now, simply follow the steps below.
Step 1: Get your promotion code
- Log into the Mog Station using your Square Enix Account on the PC, visit the Account Services page and select the Service Account that you want to upgrade.
- Once selected, you should already see a banner with the option to Upgrade from PS3 to PS4. Click on it.
- You will now be presented with the details of the Upgrade Campaign. I know it’s a lot of text, but please read it carefully, as it contains a lot of information about the upgrade process. When you are done reading, confirm that you agree to the terms and click “Next”.
- On this page you will be asked to confirm your upgrade. If you have multiple service accounts, please make absolutely sure that you have selected the correct service account you want to upgrade.
If all is in order, click on “Upgrade”.
- And you’re done! You will now be displayed with a summary and your Promotion Code to download the game from the PlayStation Store.
Step 2: Redeem your promotion code
- Boot up the PS4, log in to your Sony Entertainment Network Account and go into the PlayStation Store.
- Make absolutely sure that you have the correct PlayStation profile active before you enter the store! Promotion Codes can only be used a single time, so using it on the wrong account would leave you stranded.
- Select “Redeem Codes” from the option menu displayed at the bottom left of the screen and enter the Promotion Code.
- When you’ve done so and confirmed the regulations, you can start the download.
- If something goes wrong with the download. You can try to restart it using the “Library” option in the PlayStation Store menu.
Are you ready to hop back on your Chocobo and enjoy Square Enix's virtual fantasy world? Let us know in the comments section below.