Bruce Lee Plays the Game of Death in EA Sports UFC on PS4

Octa-goner

If you’re a fan of sweaty men in small pants but don’t enjoy the theatrics of wrestling, then we’re assuming that you’re a bit of a UFC boffin. Fortunately for you, in the wake of THQ’s complete and utter capitulation, EA Sports has been busy beavering away on a title based upon the popular mixed martial arts property – and you’ll be able to get up close and personal with it on 17th June.

Due out on the PlayStation 4, the imaginatively named EA Sports UFC is actually looking pretty impressive, with the team behind the jaw dropping Fight Night Round 4 at the helm. Moreover, it seems that if you pre-order the game, you’ll be able to play as the kung-fu king, Bruce Lee. A snap of a GameStop banner posted on NeoGAF hints at the extra, but it hasn’t yet been officially confirmed, so you’ll need to wait for more details.

Nevertheless, seeing as this title has received about as much attention as the dub in a localised martial arts movie, we’ve included the game’s most recent trailer in the space below. Only with the power of the PS4 can you get perspiration that looks this real. Is this release getting you hot under the collar? Throw a punch in the comments section below.

[via neogaf.com]

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Just want to take this opportunity to say that Bruce Lee is an absolute legend. Enjoyable in his movies and was an incredibly deadly martial artist - gotta respect the guy's memory.

Not a fan of UFC, etc., but I'm hoping that he's stupidly overpowered.

Fire-and-Water

Fire-and-Water said:

Fight Night Champion is really one of the best fighting simulators, if not fighting games in general of the PS3. The game deserves a mention, and the team behind it is sure to make a mind blowing experience. I dislike the monopoly that EA Sports has, and I'll miss the level of competition that made great games in the past. The title takeover couldn't have happened to a nicer company though. :P

Shellybird27

Shellybird27 said:

UFC Is freaking amazing, I wish they would do what WWE does, and do a network like service.(21-1 I can't believe it.)

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

I've never played a UFC game before, can anyone here vouch for whether the gameplay is good?

@Shaolin This is a new one, so it's too early to say. The THQ games were good, but I assume this will play differently.

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

@get2sammyb Hey thanks for the heads up on that because I was literally just about to get one of the previous versions to assess the series so perhaps it might be prudent for me to wait.