BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Is Attacking Europe Sooner Than You Expect

Posted by Nicola Hayden

Surprise attack

With BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma's PlayStation 3 release in North America last month, and the announcement of its impending arrival on the Vita overseas, it's understandable why European fans of this frantic fighting franchise have been worried by the radio silence. However, you can finally put those sleepless nights to rest, as Arc System Works has announced that the title will be going live on the PlayStation Network next week in the Old World.

While series veterans may have appreciated prior notice, it's hard to scoff at a local release – even if it is digital only. For those out of the loop, Chrono Phantasma is the third core game in the BlazBlue series following directly after the events of Continuum Shift. With a growing roster of characters and a storyline that will make your head hurt, it's definitely not a title that you'll want to miss. Alas, if you're still undecided about the release, check out our review to find out if the brawler holds its own.

[via facebook.com]

belmont

belmont said:

The Vita version will hit next week too? I will definitely get this for my Vita, I played the first one countless of hours.

belmont

belmont said:

@NicolaHayden Thanks for the reply. I will wait for the Vita version. It should be close to the US release date if things so as they did on PS3.

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

It's disappointing that EU ain't getting a psychical release but, hopefully the Pre order character will be free also.

NicolaHaydenStaff

NicolaHayden said:

@belmont There are two DLC characters that can be gained with buying the game early. Kokonoe from pre-ordering the digital version of the game and Yūki Terumi who was included in first print retail copies. As the game will be neither available at retail or for digital pre-order, it is unclear if there will be any means of obtaining them than purchasing the DLC. I've already contacted Arc System Works regarding the matter and am awaiting a response.

belmont

belmont said:

@NicolaHayden Thanks for clearing this up. This preorder dlc think makes no sense to me anyway. And I would clearly want to play as Terumi and Kokonoe though regardless of when I buy the game though.