Action RPG Freedom Wars Will Be Bringing Conflict to Western Vitas

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Land of the free

In a surprise triple whammy announcement that should make Western PS Vita owners jump with joy, a trio of eagerly anticipated Japanese titles have been confirmed for Western releases. Alongside blood thirsty re-release Soul Sacrifice Delta and samurai inspired JRPG Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, post apocalyptic action RPG Freedom Wars will be bursting onto your sleek little handheld.

Ever since its initial reveal, the release has garnered a lot of positive attention from owners of Sony's portable console, with Western gamers demanding localisation. Today's announcement over on the PlayStation Blog will seem like a dream come true, then, but you'll have to wait a little bit longer for a specific launch date. In the meantime, take a gander at the game's English announcement trailer and detail your hype levels in the comments section below.

From the web

AVahne said:

BTW, anyone know what happened to God Eater 2? Did Bammy just decide that they didn't want to bring it over? If so, then that's pretty depressing as I was looking forward to that one.

Punished_Boss_84 said:

@AVahne Bamco are likely testing the waters for an audience on PS Vita considering their latest DBZ game, One Piece Unlimited World Red and a rumoured Tales localisation are hitting PS Vita.

Although I'm not sure if outside forces are involved tho.

Jaz007 said:

Sweet, I'll have to keep an eye on this. The game will function fully without multiplayer right?

Jaz007 said:

@Big-Boss That's good to hear. Secret Ponchos might have been ruined for me unless it has good bot support or/and that single-player is included with the main game.

JaxonH said:

Wow. This game actually looks appealing now... for the longest time I kept seeing that same boring environment and same bland enemies. Had ZERO interest in this game before. But now, I daresay I'm heading to the Best Buy website to pre order if possible...

KnightOfNothing said:

SS Delta
Freedom Wars
MH4 Ultimate
Smash Bros 4
Zelda U

There are just too many games to list right now. 2014 is turning out to be a great year in gaming, and I'm glad to be a gamer living in this generation.

ObviouslyAdachi said:

Is this game sponsored by Dr. Dre or something? Everyone's wearing beats.
Jokes asides, I agree, this game looks way better than I thought. I didn't have any interest in it til now.