You Could Have Bought PS4 Shooter Killzone: Shadow Fall for £0.85 Last Night

Price plunge

Pricing gaffes are quite common on digital storefronts, but we reckon that Sony will be ruing the error that it made with Killzone: Shadow Fall overnight. Originally spotted by money saving specialists Hot UK Deals – and verified by a slew of excited Twitter accounts all over the web – Guerrilla Games’ first-person exclusive could be purchased for just £0.85 ($1.42) from the British PlayStation Store in the early hours of this morning.

The blunder – which has now been rectified – allowed tight players to download the entire 38.2GB game after purchasing the cheap and cheerful Mercenary Playercard Icon Pack. Considering that the title ordinarily retails for an outrageous £52.99, that’s some saving. It’s not entirely clear whether the console maker will honour the deal, but we reckon that it would be a bit shady if it doesn’t. After all, this is only going to aid the outing’s already impressive sales numbers.

[via hotukdeals.com, vg247.com]

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

I saw this on hotukdeals but I didn't really believe it after going to the PSN store, I just assumed it was linked to the free multiplayer week. I already have it anyway and trade in value isn't that much as you can buy pre owned copies for around £15. It would be interesting to see the number of downloads in the past 24 hours...

RaevenStaff

Raeven said:

They were on the ball with getting it off fast eh? And yet, Pixeljunk Monsters (the free game of the month on PS+) is still full price. Good job Sony.

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

I managed to download pixel junk, I don't recall if it was from link via app or direct from vita, anyways I got it.

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

I remember getting the full digital version of Uncharted Golden Abyss added to my account for pennies when I bought the Treasure Map Pack DLC. That's still in my download list, so I'm guessing they'll honour it.

stocko