Watch Dogs Officially Makes a Connection with PS4 on 27th May

On speed dial

As expected, Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs will whip out its smartphone on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 on 27th May worldwide. The game – which was originally due out last November – will see you step into the futuristic shoes of Aiden Pearce, a vigilante who uses his hacking skills and nifty smartphone to fight back against the camera obsessed city of Chicago.

“We are pleased to be able to reveal to gamers all over the world the new release date for Watch Dogs,” said chuffed Ubisoft executive Geoffroy Sardin. “We are extremely confident that the additional time we afforded the development team to refine and polish the game will be more than worth the wait.” There’ll be an additional 60 minutes of content available on PlayStation platforms.

A new trailer embedded below confirms the date, while also showing off some of the more bombastic set-pieces from the sandbox game. Quite a few things have changed since the title’s previous footage, including the look of the protagonist and his shady accomplices. Has this video reignited your hype for the open world escapade? Set your phone to silent in the comments section below.

Related Games

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Good trailer, graphical detail doesn't look anywhere near as refined as it did in the original reveal trailer, though, which is expected but still disappointing.

Nevertheless... cautiously optimistic.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Looks good, not to the level of the reveal but I guess going cross he. Hampered stuff.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't look as good as it did when it was first announced. That said, it does look good, so I'm also cautiously optimistic. Not long to wait now...

banacheck

banacheck said:

I've actually just been looking at the original reveal and this new trailer, you can only compare the first few seconds as the original trailer then goes into actual gameplay. It's also slightly been changed the new trailer which i think looks better than the original, apart from that there is no actual gameplay on this new trailer to compare.

But looking forwards to it.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Weird I never held much interest in this game, but somehow, this changed here, looks like it has an actual story and I dig good stories. Let's wait for the reviews and as soon as I know its not majorly flawed in some aspect I'll go download this! ;)

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Well I think I will wait for reviews and rent this one before I buy it. All these delays make me worried that this will be a mediocre game now.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

I just hope the engine can remember off-screen cars (GTA5 AHEM!) and is equally intuitive/playable on foot as behind the wheel. I'm excited to play with Ubi's Driver physics and see how that translates to shooting. And wait, there's a plot??

N711

N711 said:

Looking forward to it but still wonder what's better in the PS4 version than the PS3 version if anything

JaredJ

JaredJ said:

I have the Wii U version pre ordered however I am considering switching to the ps3 version.

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

Oh, look. Clive Owen.
I read an interview where a representative said they spent most of the added months in refining the gameplay and its flow and coherence, more than in graphics pumping and glitters.
Which sounds very good to me.

goonow

goonow said:

@get2sammyb i went back and looked at some early gameplay demos and I still think the game has some great cityscapes. This trailer looks rough and inconsistant. I am hoping this trailer was just an unfortunate culmination of some bad close ups(character models look very smooth, though).

@goonow Yeah, it's a definite step back. The general atmosphere of the original reveal was far superior, with wind blowing, etc. Sadly, Ubisoft's famous for doing this... :|

banacheck

banacheck said:

Here is what I don't get that trailer is pre-rendered cutscenes made into a trailer? Yes/No, the footage from months back is not pre-rendered cutscenes it's actual gameplay footage apart from the few seconds intro. My question is have thay released actual gameplay footage today with that trailer? if not how can we tell if the actual gameplay footage is a step back when all we've seen is a pre-rendered trailer?

Ubisoft said from now to release thay will be releasing gameplay footage.

Actually old gameplay footage,

iSolipsistJudas

iSolipsistJudas said:

Story seems awesome! Gameplay looks great! I'm definitely into stories about hacking & conspiracies. Although graphics are held back b/c of last-gen the story, sandbox setting, & gameplay should make up for it...hopefully. But am gonna pre-order b/c this has been one of the major games I've been eager to play this year on PS4!

Also, if they polished up the game, how come some gameplay I've seen has been a step up from what I saw?? O.o

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Still plan to pick the game up because there is still potential. My expectations are much lower than they were originally though.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@Dodoo

Because Ubisoft really hasn't given a reason to think otherwise. I want it to be good but have to be honest, I'm still expecting to be disappointed.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@banacheck

Lets hope it's a stable framerate. Tomb Raider had some issues although nothing terrible or game-breaking. Thief is pretty bad at times. I don't really blame the hardware though. Especially in the case of Thief, you have a developer working on too many different formats and it's got to be tough trying to get used to new hardware while working with a bunch of other systems as well. That's a reason I'm much more excited for games like The Witcher 3 and Batman: Arkham Knight than pretty much anything else this year. These games are focusing solely on the new consoles and PC.

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

I honestly can't tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps, but then again I have bad eyes (need glasses to see lol).

Anyways, looking forward to playing the PS4 version in a few years.

Dodoo

Dodoo said:

@Gamer83 "I want it to be good but have to be honest, I'm still expecting to be disappointed."

Exactly how I feel also.

Yesterday's "downgraded" footage isn't helping me to think otherwise that's for sure...

banacheck

banacheck said:

@Gamer83
apparently Thief had a troubled development what makes this rumour seem more true, is one week after release thay let go of 27 dev's from Eidos Montreal.

"Yes it is true, we've let 27 people go today. Unfortunately it's something that every major studio has to do sometimes in order to ensure you have the right set up for current and future projects," a representative for Square Enix said. "It's never a nice thing to do but we are genuinely trying to offer as much support as much as we can."

I agree I'm looking forwards to the true next gen games more, but I want to see how Watch Dogs turns out.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@banacheck

I'm really hoping they show something to make me look past the graphics. I'm not a 'graphics whore' but they do matter quite a bit imo and it's unacceptable for this game to look as poor as it does especially when it was delayed six months. Clearly everybody who said it was so that the game wouldn't detract from AC IV (and as a bonus get further outside the GTA V window) were correct. There can't be a delay then when the game is re-revealed have it look like a low-end PS3 release. If I were on the dev team, I'd have been embarrassed to put that video out.

banacheck

banacheck said:

@Gamer83

Your talking at that GIF flying around the internet? comparing 2012 E3 footage with apparently PS4 2014, the apparently PS4 version was not released by Ubisoft.That's from a Gamestop preview, also there preview does not tell people the console version (This is the PS4 version). Or what build it was wether it was the latest build or not, all thay say in there whole preview is Daulshock4 in hand giving the impression its the PS4. Also early-on this week some of the media have played the PS4 version of Watch Dogs, and what thay are saying in there preview's about Watch Dogs is different from that GIF. Also these websites state in there previews thay are playing the PS4 version of Watch Dog the latest build Joystick is one of them, I'll link them if you would like.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@banacheck

It's alright, I'll go looking for the previews myself. I am talking about that GIF that was shown. It struck me as odd that a game for PS4 would look that bad. I was disappointed enough with what I saw last summer when they demoed the game on Jimmy Fallon's Show if it took another step back that doesn't say much for the development team. This is a game I'm definitely waiting on reviews before deciding to buy it or not.

banacheck

banacheck said:

I didn't see the Jimmy Fallon's Show, that GIF was bad I do agree with that. I really like the sound of Watch Dogs and the demo before the game got delayed. I'm not expecting it to look amazing but far better than that GIF, about a step up from GTAV if you know what I mean. I just hope it's not a massive let down, I like open world games & RPG'S and with the hacking stuff it's sounds smart. The Witcher3 as its designed for the PS4 I'm really looking forwards too, like you said and the new Batman.