The Lead Designer of inFAMOUS: Second Son Has Left Sucker Punch

Posted by Kell Andersen

Another one bites the dust

It's been a tough few weeks for Sony's Worldwide Studios. With the recent departures of several high profile developers, including Uncharted series director Amy Hennig, we're starting to notice a bit of a worrying trend. And it seems that yet another creative has joined the causality list, as Jaime Griesemer – the lead designer on inFAMOUS: Second Son – has officially resigned from his position at developer Sucker Punch

Before styling the rainy streets of the Seattle, Griesemer was employed by Bungie, working on several of the Halo titles as well as dipping his toes into incoming sci-fi shooter Destiny. Bizarrely, he announced the departure on Twitter, stating: "I'm excited for people to get their hands on [inFAMOUS: Second Son]. And yes, I have left Sucker Punch. Not really talking about it yet, though."

While we're sure that there isn't any bad blood going on here, that last comment does strike us as just a touch ominous. Until Griesemer breaks his silence, though, we'd be merely making wild speculations. What do you make of this seemingly unending stream of developer departures? Do you think that it's a bad omen for the Japanese giant, or just a bizarre coincidence? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com]

Think this is just a case of 'my work here is done'. He probably can't talk about what he's doing next because he's waiting for a press release or something.

N711

N711 said:

Game is done, moving on to something else. bye good luck.. nothing much really

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I'd be worried if he left mid-development, but the game is finished, so he decided to move on.

I wish him luck in all his future endeavors.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

@get2sammyb
Yea, thats what I'm thinking too. This is the 3rd installment, not counting DLC, so hes probably just ready to do something new. I wonder if this means Sucker Punch is far from done with Infamous then.

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

I think that some of the franchises built up on ps3 were great and I'd like to see another game for ps4 for most but after that I think Sony needs to concentrate on building new franchises for the ps4 like TLOU and The Order etc.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

It's comical at this point. Every week somebody is leaving Sony. People can keep sugarcoating it, which is what I expect, but the reality is, the company is obviously a complete and total mess.

Madd_Hatter401

Madd_Hatter401 said:

Not to be a buzz kill as I so often am, but perhaps there was a disagreement between he and Sony as to the release of the game. He may have wanted more time but was told no due to all the other delays. Some devs have pride in thier art and he may not have wanted to rush it.

benrawr

benrawr said:

I'm no longer getting inFAMOUS on release due to this as I want to see if it's anything to do with the game's quality.
From what I've played, it's fantastically polished, but it does seem a little odd to not ring in the celebration with the team as the sales figures rack up