The Last of Us Bags the BAFTA Award for Best Overall Game

Posted by Kell Andersen

It just clicked

Naughty Dog's PlayStation 3 swansong The Last of Us was a pretty impressive game, but you probably didn't need us to tell you that. The Californian developer's unique take on the survival horror genre has been collecting just about every award known to man, and that impressive list has just grown even longer, with the studio recently taking home an admirable stack of prizes from the BAFTAs.

Most notably, the title picked up trophies for Audio Achievement, Best Action Adventure Game, and Best Overall Game. What's more, Ashley Johnson – the voice of Ellie – was recognised with the award for Best Performer. We couldn't agree more with these choices, especially the nod for Johnson, who gave a truly moving performance as Joel's wayward companion.

Media Molecule's papercraft platformer Tearaway was also deemed to be a cut above the rest, coming away with the awards for Artistic Achievement, Best Family Game, and Best Mobile/Handheld game. What do you make of these prestigious prizes? Would you have made the same selections? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via gamespot.com]

Related Games

divinelite

divinelite said:

Tearaway for best handheld is the best news ever
We beat all nintendo flagship all,the way

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

Love tearaway, just need to clear my backlog. Ellie was probably in my opinion the most impressive feature in any area of the game, really excellently played character.

Splat

Splat said:

Awesome for Ashley Johnson! Not only did she do an amazing job as Ellie but she just seems like a really cool person in interviews and what not.

banacheck

banacheck said:

Naughty Dog has over 240+ awards plus 5 BAFTA awards, that's a big set of trophies. I can definitely see why The Last Of Us got the awards, excellent game.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@divinelite

Tearaway is a great game but it's not better than A Link Between Worlds and there are several others who would make a case for Fire Emblem. But nice to see Media Molecule get some recognition for its hard work. The Last of Us was pretty clearly the critical darling of 2013, and though I would've given GOTY to GTA V, I can't argue with TLoU, awesome game, one I'll forever remember and look back on fondly when I talk about my all-time favorites.