Sony Really Wants You to Associate Destiny and Watch Dogs with PS4

Share the love

Even the most dedicated console warrior would agree that Microsoft did a terrific job attaching specific brands to the Xbox 360 last generation. Multiformat franchises such as Call of Duty and even Resident Evil were advertised as console exclusives, and while Sony countered with the likes of Assassin’s Creed, its efforts were never especially bold on the PlayStation 3.

Fortunately, it looks like the firm has started to change its approach, with the Japanese giant already running commercials for Destiny and Watch Dogs in North America. While the annoying audio lessens the appeal of these PlayStation 4 focused spots somewhat, the manufacturer is sparing no expense, purchasing slots during The Walking Dead and more.

In truth, it’s extremely early to be marketing these titles, but it’s pretty clear that the platform holder’s trying to associate the two brands with its next-gen machine. It’s a strategy that could pay dividends, too, as both of these properties are likely to have long lifespans throughout the entire generation. Like we said, though, it’s just a shame about the song.

Related Games

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Putting music like this into a trailer or advert usually annoys the heck out of me, but I must admit that it was quite funny in combination with Aiden Pearce smacking people with his stick.

@ShogunRok Yeah, it's annoying, but it grabs your attention. Quite clever, too: promotes the game, system, share feature, and makes the brand attachment all in 30 seconds.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

I just cant get into destiny. It reminds me too much halo. I guess thats because i didnt care for halo. I like killzone but not sure why when it could be easily argued that its like halo. Go figure.

Midzark

Midzark said:

Yay!! But I'm very very worried that "Watch Dogs" doesn't look half as good Graphicly as when shown off at E3! Am I the only one who's thinking this?!.......

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

I get that its an attempt at being humourus but it doesn't work, probably waste of money as this is a terrible advert.

KillTheG1mp

KillTheG1mp said:

Well, sharing "is" pleasant, and the little soft folk song about it conveys the message greatly. It's even better when it's contrasted by images of videogame violence.

I say it's brilliant!

banacheck

banacheck said:

@Midzark
But did you really think Watch Dog was originally a PS4 game when thay started development on it, around the end of 2008 5 years & a few mmonths ago? it's not as bad as that GIF with the floor flashing white like a glitch or something.but also not as good as the original PS4 footage shown.

Some people are already associating Destiny more with the PS4 by some of the comments made on IGN, so it's definitely working & the idea of exclusive content will reinforce that idea.

Madd_Hatter401

Madd_Hatter401 said:

I associate every third party game with PS4 because its a better machine. Dont get me wrong the XB1 is nice as well but the PS4 is just more powerful. I bought the XB1 strictly for exclusives and battlefield, the PS4 is for all others and of course the great exclusives.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I wouldn't be bragging too much about Watch Dogs and it's highly likely CoD will massively overshadow Destiny.