Rumour: Is This a Bird, Plane, or Watch Dogs Release Date?

Woof love

Ever since its delay late last year, Ubisoft has refrained from barking on about its PlayStation 4 escapade Watch Dogs. However, leaks on Sony’s website suggest that the release may be ready for ‘walkies’ again soon, as a new trailer and deploy date are supposedly imminent. And the platform holder has added to the excitement by tossing a Scooby Snack in the shape of a placeholder release window on the PlayStation Store.

The eagle eyed folks over at Pixel Gamer UK noted that the Japanese giant’s digital storefront is currently flaunting a 30th June arrival for the open world adventure in North America. That’s a Monday, so it doesn’t quite fit with the traditional US release schedule, but we suspect that it can be taken as confirmation that Aiden Pearce’s inaugural adventure is still due out within the first half of the year. Presumably, you haven’t got long to wait for more information.

Are you eager to send a signal to the sandbox title, or have the delays cut off your excitement for the futuristic foray? Phone home in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com, vg247.com]

redd214

redd214 said:

This is a placeholder guys. Gamestop has had this date listed since December!! Why is the whole internet acting as if this is new news?

@redd214 To be fair, I did point out as much in the article. As for why everyone's reporting on this - well, there appears to be some movement surrounding the game, suggesting that we're going to be finding out more soon. As you rightly point out, this isn't a massive deal at all - but still worth sharing in my opinion.

redd214

redd214 said:

@get2sammyb yeah I hear ya Sammy, just surprised so many major gaming outlets are just now reporting this date and its been in place for mo ths thats all.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Considering the months of silence since the delay Im waiting on this one.

Anybody remember when Spore showed off its great open world underwater area and then when the game came out it was a very limited flat 2D part of the game?

Aliens Colonial Marines graphics werent quite as advertised either.

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

@rjejr I thought the graphics in colonial marines were the only decent thing about the game? Its sealed in my backlog for the time being anyway.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I think the real issue here is why the game is rated 5 stars from over 600 users on the PlayStation store.

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

As much as this game excited me in the past now, not so much. I mean honestly all these delays kinda scare me that by the time it comes out we will get a broken rushed game. I will be waiting on reviews on this one for sure before I play it and may even rent it before I buy it.

banacheck

banacheck said:

Asda Direct has it down for Release date 16 May 2014, which is a Friday. Also games release on a Friday UK, coincidence maybe.

But hopeful we will have an official release date soon, I'm still looking forwards to it.

JaredJ

JaredJ said:

Since I don't have a PS4 yet I have the Wii U version pre ordered. I may switch to the ps3 version though.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I'm curious to know about Beyond Good & Evil 2... that's what I wanna hear about from Ubisoft.