North American PlayStation Store Update Delay May Give You Withdrawal Symptoms

Try not to panic

Sony’s suite of systems should come with a health warning for jittery types like this nail-biting editor. Not content with keeping us up at night due to that dreadfully inconsistent new PlayStation 3 box design, the company has now utterly destroyed our usual routine by delaying the North American PlayStation Store update by quite a significant period. This doesn’t sit well with us.

The online plaza was set to refresh yesterday in the Land of the Free, but the platform holder quickly took to Twitter to reveal that it was having difficulties. “[The] PlayStation Store update will be coming a few hours late today,” it explained, while no doubt casually fanning the smoke away from a nearby decommissioned server. “We'll keep you posted – apologies for the delay.”

Unfortunately for fans of Dark Souls II, the update is more than a little late. Four hours ago, the manufacturer revealed that it’s now targeting a Wednesday refresh. While this is obviously frustrating, we’re impressed with the organisation’s constant correspondence. Still, are you fighting withdrawal symptoms while you wait to peruse the PlayStation Store’s latest stash of goodies? Rock back and forth in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com, twitter.com]

rjejr

rjejr said:

Im surprised they even bothered to say it would be a few hours late as after all these years it still doesnt have a set time.

I checked last night and didnt even realize it hadnt updated, though I did think ibb n obb was supposef to go away so I DL it. I didnt like the demo so hadnt bothered before but maybe my kids will play it.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

The difference between Sony America and Europe is staggering. America gets told what's going on while we have every question ignored.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

Hard to admit, but I stayed up until 4 in the morning waiting for the store to update @_@ Already panicked, and I seem to have an unbearable itch on my arm and a dry mouth now.

Splat

Splat said:

They didn't even update PS+. Come on those games are all ready on the store...

rjejr

rjejr said:

@rastamadeus - I've always found the opposite to be true on the blogs, the EU blog always seems full of replies wile the US blog may have 1 or 2 replies that suit them. Though many of the US comments wouldn't get by TBD, we're a sorry lot.

@get2sammyb - I'll give them credit, it has been much earlier the past few months, it always seems updated by 7PM rather than 11 or 12, but they still haven't given a time that I'm aware of. I just check after dinner.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I still think it's horrific that the store isn't updated at a set time every week.

Bowfleximus

Bowfleximus said:

I wish the ps+ would update so I could get towerfall for the sale price! It's driving me nuts because the game is already in the store, but at full price!

rjejr

rjejr said:

Checked about 9PM eastern, so 2 hours ago like Splat said - and it still didn't look updated to me either. Nothing on the US blog about it either, big surprise I know.

Artie

Artie said:

Here we are on Thursday morning. Checked the store through my Vita, no change.

Ryumoau

Ryumoau said:

Its now Thursday and the psn has still not fully updated, as far as the free ps plus game and discounts. :(