First-Person RPG Mind Zero is Dungeon Crawling onto Vita in May

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Kids these days

With the PS Vita's Japanese RPG library expanding at a steady pace, statistics and turn based battle fanatics will be glad to hear that first-person dungeon crawler Mind Zero will be delving into Sony's portable console on May 27th in North America.

The release follows the story of Kei, a typical high school student who forms a contract with a deadly being called a MIND, presumably changing his life forever as he gains powerful new abilities. As always, shady government organisations aren't happy that the protagonist and other weaponised teenagers are running riot, and so they decide to hunt the youths down. Gameplay focuses on the management of both your party members and their MINDs as you utilise them during combat.

It all sounds a bit like a concept that you'd expect to find in a Persona game, but we're eager to see how the upcoming release compares nonetheless. Take a gander at the somewhat short trailer that we've embedded, let the title's lovely art style envelop your eyeballs, and tell us if you plan on signing your own MIND contract in the comments section below.

Update: Mind Zero has also been confirmed for release in Europe a day later, on the 28th May.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

looks interesting, but I'm somewhat burned out on the anime/j-pop-culture kind of thing.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Eh, I'll pass on this one. But I am glad to see so many Japanese Vita games making their way west.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

With Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth being penned the other day for localisation by IF later in the year, it's looking like the good start this year for the Vita with regards to niche Japanese localisations is set to continue. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I couldn't be happier with how this year is turning out for the Vita

divinelite

divinelite said:

Its rpg year on vita wow
But I still gave ffx and 2, even in april there are many...

I really hope they spread rpg genre better...

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

@tenderbeefcake A leap of faith? Looking up Japanese footage online?

The beauty of the localisation period is that there will be footage and impressions available before western launch. The downside is the wait.

Aaronzord

Aaronzord said:

I like the sound of it, but I really don't like first person dungeon crawlers (even the name of the genre makes me want to yawn). I'll just kinda shrug for now and wait for the reviews to roll in.

baconcow

baconcow said:

Just a heads-up. This game has a 38% average on Amazon.jp and is already on sale for 980 Yen from 6,279 Yen (84% off).

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

I'll wait for reviews, but I'm certainly looking forward to this. The Vita needs more solid JRPGs.

Don't go in expecting Persona, though: it'll only lead to disappointment.