Critically Acclaimed Fez Invades Sony's Consoles This Month

Posted by Nicola Hayden

Take a break

Sometimes it's relaxing to kick back with something that doesn't involve guns and explosions. As such, critically acclaimed indie hit Fez is aiming to enhance your video game downtime when it arrives on Sony's suite of systems this month. Set to launch on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Vita on 25th March in North America and 26th March in Europe, the re-release will boast both cross-buy and cross-save functionality.

Starring a cute, hatted hero named Gomez, this multi-dimensional puzzler will see you taxing your grey matter as you search for hidden treasure in fascinating worlds. In addition to running in 1080p at 60 frames-per-second on Sony's fresh format, it will also be one of the first next-gen titles to boast full 3D support. Are you looking forward to enjoying this colourful foray? Turn our world upside down in the comments section below.

[via polytroncorporation.com]

Related Games

irken004

irken004 said:

This is one of those games that I have on steam but will buy on a console/handheld just because it feels more at home on them :O And I'm surprised by the crossbuy and cross-save support, great!

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

I've heard about this game, but I know nothing about it except that it's a platformer.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Think I'm going to drop some coins on this. Have Fez for the 360 and while it can be too high brow at times its a visual treat for the senes. My dislike for Phil Fish aside I'll be grabbing this.

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

I only watched 10 seconds of a FEZ Video months back & thought 'I WANT THIS!' :P PS4 version i will buy DAY 1;)

TNLGUY

TNLGUY said:

The game looks decent enough (never played), but Mr. Fish is just such an awful person it makes me want to dislike his game, too. If only Cave Story were available for PSN, that's a game I can get behind without the nasty aftertaste.

Godsire-

Godsire- said:

Phil Fish is such a tool that I would rather toss my money down the garbage disposal than give him any of it. Also, I am so sick of these indie, hipster, retro games. It's ironic to me that Fish is one of these developers who hate AAA type games, but his platforming game wouldn't be around without AAA platformers of the past.

Besides, didn't he retire or quit the industry anyways (not a big loss). Why is his game releasing on Sony's platforms now?

-CraZed-

-CraZed- said:

I own this on PC and I am going to buy this day one just so I can play it on my PS4 and Vita. Crossbuy/cross save yes!. Such a great game.

odd69

odd69 said:

I love indie, hipster retro games, they are better than most ****** AAA titles you play.

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

Two things:

1) I couldn't care less about who Phil Fish is as a person as I fully believe that people can be difficult and flawed and still deliver inspiring and interesting games, music, films, books, etc. I'm not interested in moral judgement, I'm interested in good art.

2) The indie scene is here to stay, and it's a good thing. There's a lot of junk, but there's also a lot, I mean, A LOT of junk coming from big developers. Variety is nice. The fact that the little guy can also publish his game in today's gaming environment is also nice. If it's not your cup of tea, don't play it.

But I'm glad that we came to a point where the industry can benefit from a lot of different perspectives when it comes to game development. It helps video games to stay fresh and prevents the medium to grow stale and samey.