Buckle Up with Four Minute Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer

Bitter memories

As the old saying goes, the bat’s out of the bag. Warner Bros has officially announced Batman: Arkham Knight – and it’s coming to the PlayStation 4 later this year. The sequel will once again see you step inside the steel toe capped boots of Gotham’s greatest detective, only this time the Batmobile will be riding shotgun in your battle against crime.

In celebration of the Rocksteady Studios developed sequel’s announcement, the publisher has pointed the Bat Signal at a new cinematic trailer, which sets the scene on the series finale’s story. In it, we see Bruce Wayne preparing for a punch up, while his father’s will is read aloud. Eventually, the superhero catches up with Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and Penguin – and picks a fight.

We quite like the new grounded art direction, but we’re eager to see how this will look in-game. Are you excited for the upcoming adventure? Riddle us this in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com]

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Hype overload! I'm really hoping they can get the game out this year but whatever I'm just happy to have some news and see Rocksteady back at the forefront. I thought WB Montreal did an admirable job but this should be the follow up to City I was looking for.

redd214

redd214 said:

Sweet baby Jesus, that's how you make a trailer! !!! So excited for this one!

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Finally my Batman itch has been scratched! I love everything about this game and we don't even know much about it yet.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@Gamer83 My last 2 issues and the one I was supposed to get were undeliverable, so I have to go to the post office to see what's up.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

This must have been the Arkham game that Kevin Conroy let slip prior to Origins being released.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Finally a reason to own a next/current (whatever you wanna call them) generation!

Thankfully I highly doubt it'll have any of the problems Origins does or the arrogance of that games developers who admit problems and say rather than fix them they'll release DLC instead. Morons.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@get2sammyb: Yeah I get what you are saying. What strikes me as odd is that yes the Xbox 360, and PS3 are still going strong people didn't have this whole current gen/next gen problem when the PS2 was going strong into the PS3 era. I never heard anyone refer to the PS3 as next gen when it was available along side the PS2.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@Tasuki To me it's only current generation when they are the primary set of consoles, which won't be until next year when games stop coming out for PS3/360.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I'm going with 'new gen' for PS4 and X1 right now. Next-gen is false because the consoles are here now but if you say current-gen some confuse it with PS3, 360.

banacheck

banacheck said:

This is one of 2014 Must Own Game's, the trailer is excellent. Gotham is in chaos as we see Batman preparing to fight for his life, but can Batman save Gotham and it's citizens?

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@banacheck

Of course he can, he's friggin' Batman. I agree, can't wait for this game. I wish it wasn't so far away but the build up will be fun.

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

All i can say is BATMOBILE BATMOBILE BATMOBILE BATMOBILE BATMOBILE !!!! I can't wait i wanted this yesterday

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@Tasuki

Yeah, I first saw the phrase used by Game Informer and it definitely fits so that's what I'm going with.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Be the Batman!

Awesome trailer, but I want to see gameplay before I get hyped.

belmont

belmont said:

I will certainly buy this game. I am a DC/Marvel Comics fan since the 90's.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Why is it so hard for Rocksteady to get Harley Quinn right? She looks better then before but she still looks relatively terrible. Why can't they just create/dress her like the animated series version?

The Batmobile looks like a nice mix of the Tumbler and Burton-era Batmobile.

It would be great if Batman was somewhere in the city, needed the Batmobile, pulled out an Ocarina, played a tune, and the Batmobile came running! Ha!

"Can you drive stick?"
"...no..."

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@ThreadShadow: I agree I dont like the oversexual looking Harley Quinn to me that ruins her. I have always pictured her with a more innocent look that justifies what she does because of her love for the Joker. The over sexualized style does nothing for me.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Pre-orders are already available. I dropped by the local GameStop on my way to work. Pre-order bonuses are the Harley Quinn challenge maps and you get a poster if you want one. I'm a huge fan of the Batman universe so I took it to add to my Batman collection.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@Tasuki

It's pretty cool. It's a 75th Anniversary poster. I think you can see it on the GameStop website, if I can, I'll try and post a pic of it later.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Gamer83

I like that. Yes, the "new" generation of consoles. Not to be confused with the last gen Wii, PS3 and 360.

This looks good. Real good. Normally, I'd complain about a lack of gameplay shown, however, I already know exactly what I can expect gameplay-wise. So for once, it's nice to just enjoy the cut-scene trailer and know a great game is coming.

I still gotta finish up Arkham City and Origins, which honestly, I probably will never get around to. Too many games to play on too many systems. The backloggery groweth to no end.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@JaxonH

Hopefully new gen catches on. It'll work best until we've all moved on from our older consoles completely.

Speaking of older consoles though, I do have to get back to playing my PS3 more. Need to finish up Arkham Origins to get ready for the DLC. Unfortunately the game went on the back burner a bit after the PS4 came out I got hooked on Killzone, NFS, AC IV and then Tomb Raider came out. Now Thief has taken some of my attention as well and I've been going crazy on Vita games with all the free PS Plus games and some great sales. Just got Lumines for real cheap.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Is this on PSN onPS3? Maybe Ill watch it on my Wii U, as close as its gonna get. 7" tablet screen isnt gonna cut it.