Wolfenstein: The New Order Brings Impending DOOM to PS4, PS3

In another castle

Bethesda has confirmed that Machine Games’ super satisfying cinematic shooter Wolfenstein: The New Order will release on 20th May in North America and 23rd May in Europe – but that’s not the only surprise that it’s got in store. The publisher has revealed that purchasing the first-person franchise refresh will reward you with access to the beta for the next DOOM title, although it’s not willing to say any more at this stage.

While details are scarce, a product page states that all copies of the abovementioned alternate history action game will come with an enclosed voucher which you’ll need to redeem with a valid email address in order to obtain early access to legendary developer id’s next escapade. We suspect that the studio will have disclosed more about its upcoming endeavour by the time that you have the insert in your greedy hands.

Still, while the packaged sampler is sure to get the most amount of press, we must stress that B.J. Blazkowicz’s battle against the Nazis deserves some attention, too. For those out of the loop, the title depicts a harrowing version of history in which Hitler and crew triumphed in World War II, thrusting the world into despair. Only you – and your muscles – have the strength to turn the tides against an increasingly ruthless enemy. Excited? We are.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Related Games

Yeah, the gunplay's awesome in this game. I'm really excited for it, too. Think the included DOOM beta is a good move, as well - it fits thematically, and will help to raise the profile of the game.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Can't wait for the return of Wolfenstein :) I was sold getting this just from the first bit of footage shown a while back so the latest Doom beta just sweetens the deal.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I recall the last (first?) trailer looked really good, then the gameplay looked like blech. This looks much better throughout. Maybe the last trailer was PS3 and this is PS4?

If I can last thru through Bioshock Infinite I suppose I can survive this.

Boom boom boom boom indeed.

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

Couldn't get into the previous wolfenstein, it seemed alright, this don't look much better to me, cross get gen let down?

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

This looks awesome! I like the setting and the overall over the top-attitude of the game...like a cheesy 60s Sci Fi movie...and the trailer is hilarious! :D

Must import this game, though...it's not allowed in Germany for games to have Nazi symbols of swastikas, because they're classified as toys by law.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@Reverend_Skeeve that's quite a counterintuitive thing, isn't it? It's not like you can't watch Indiana Jones movies there, right? I had to sneakily buy Diablo 1 myself because my Christian parents thought killing the devil was too evil (no offense or anything, simply ironic to me). Game looks great tho, I'm excited for the craziness of robo-hitler

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@charlesnarles Movies and books are classified as art, thus are allowed to depict those symbols...freedom of art and such. Games, however, are still classified as toys, as in "toys for kids", and toys are forbidden to display anything like Nazi symbols.

I even agree that toys shouldn't contain swastikas and such...but to (still) classify games as toys and not art is a little outdated, me thinks...but well, that's the way it is here...

And yes, the game looks absolutely crazy, over the top fun! Can't wait! I'm sure it'll be a blast! :)

"Eine kleine Amerikaner!" :D <--- Robo-Hitler-quote from the first Wolfenstein...of course in wrong German. ;) It should say "Ein kleiner Amerikaner!", for anyone interested. ;)

LDXD

LDXD said:

@charlesnarles man I had that same problem with a few games to me killing the devil is a good thing not so much to some people in my family

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Reverend_Skeeve yeah its pretty bad with certain people in my family I don't talk to them anymore but yeah even star wars is satanic to them you know the force lol
Its one thing to believe in God I don't have a problem with that at all I'm a spiritual person myself but being completely brainwashed and not having a clue what you're talking about and then to try and push your crazy belief system on me lol no thanks
Edit: ohh I was even told that Zelda is satanic yeah the triforce is totally evil

TosserHan

TosserHan said:

Have some family here that are like how you described but they believe all that hogwash about video games make you aggressive I just lmao on the inside lol:-) .

TosserHan

TosserHan said:

One more thing religion is pretty bad over in the states one just one hint of a demon in a game I'm in I get hounded over it like PS fan in a Xbox fan site cough ign cough. Now from then on just have headset's on to avoid that. They still don't get that IT'S JUST A GAME IT'S NOT REAL. Thank you for you're time. :-)

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Looking forward to this I haven't played a Wolfstein since the original on PC.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Ahh. Sooo many bad cliches...my head is exploding. If only it was still the 80s.

3rdEyeMind

3rdEyeMind said:

I don't think people here are understanding just how galactic this surprise announcement of a new Doom game is! This is absolutely HUGE!

Wolfenstein is looking like the best since the original too. We need to take the FPS back. It is one of my fave genres and yet i dislike almost every FPS release since the 7th gen. We need to take them back to when they were actually hardcore games.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@charlesnarles @LDXD @TosserHan Aw man, I can only imagine how it is with family this religious. Mine isn't religious at all, so...
But good to see that you guys seem to be cool about it, mostly.

@Gingo Nope, it is just plain wrong. ;) But that's okay...I kinda enjoy cheesy (wrong) German one.liners in American games and movies...although there're even some who nail it with correct German. Inglorious Basterds comes to mind, but then, the Germans in the movie were either genuine Germans or from Austria (Christoph Waltz). But it was perfect...even the vocabulary used was from the 30s and 40s. I think Tom Tykwer helped with the German parts, the director of "Run, Lola, run!".

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

Oh, and for anyone interested: the Nazi at the end who's about to lose his head says: "To hell with you and your damn resistance!". ^^