Vita Exclusive Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment Looks to Be a Genuine JRPG

Posted by Kell Andersen

Import-ant news

Bandai Namco has recently released a new gameplay trailer for an upcoming PlayStation Vita exclusive based on the anime series Sword Art Online. The game's official name is Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, but we think that a more befitting moniker would be JRPG: The Japanese Role Playing Game, as the title seems to play host to all of the genre trappings and quirks that we've come to love. Thankfully, the video does a very good job of demonstrating this, showing off a variety of strategically serpentine battle scenarios, as well as some gorgeously animated cut scenes.

With that said, it's incredibly unlikely that we'll ever see this game on Western shores, but that doesn't mean that we can't stare at the gameplay with mouths agape, and hope for the best. Would you be willing to import this jaunty JRPG, or do you think that it looks too hollow? Scream and shout in the comments section below.

[via dualshockers.com]

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

It's super awesome! I love the anime and i will import this. I'm also in the mood for some romance with asuna !

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

Yes yes yes! I want this to come west so bad love SAO one of my fev anime's i want a SAO game on PS4 too i really can't wait to get in to this I just hope it comes west please please oh please!! come wast

PocketPenguin

PocketPenguin said:

Wow this could potentially be awesome. The anime is awesome and I was just thinking the other week how great of a game this would be. Hopefully they do it right.

Faustek

Faustek said:

Brides dress, day one DLC. Wearable by any of your waifus!!!

Yes, a day one DLC I can agree with.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Something's wrong, guys. I keep throwing my wallet at the screen, but this game still isn't in my hands. Help me!

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

I'm hoping this gets localized here in U.S., otherwise I'll never get to play it.

(I can't afford to import games, and I dislike Japanese voices in games anyways, no offense)