There's a Bit More Colour on the Japanese PS4 Store Than Ours

Bright and breezy

As is apparently law in the Land of the Rising Sun, the Japanese iteration of the PlayStation 4’s store has launched amid a flash of pinks and pastel blues. Much like the system’s Eastern box art, the online plaza adopts a slightly more colourful guise in its native nation – perhaps partially fuelled by the availability of the free Dream Club: Host Girls on Stage, which you can download now.

Seeing as the console’s not technically due out until 22nd February, a lot of the content’s not available at the time of typing, but if you have an overseas account, you can login and have a look around. You can also claim a free three month PlayStation Plus trial for your troubles, which seems like a just reward for desperately trying to decipher a frighteningly convoluted foreign language.

[via gematsu.com]

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I really want to play Dream Club, I wish Japanese games weren't so niche, us western fans always get shafted because of it.

Now that I've done my whining for the day; I love the look of the Japanese store, the colors are vivid and soothing.

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

I wish there was a way i could change the language to English on the Japan store :( But now i can use my Smart Phone to read Japanese thank god :D i.e take a photo on Google Translate from my phone & translate it;)

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Can you make a second account on the PS4 to get into the Japanese store like you can on the PS3?

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@GunstarHero234 So I can use it along with my main UK one? Or is it like the Vita and limits it to one account per machine? I seem to remember reading accounts are linked to pads so would I need a second pad for that? I should know all this really but I hardly pay attention :')

myth0s

myth0s said:

@Carl-G Hi there! How do you get to browse the japanese store? Are you using a proxy or VPN?

I'm a beginner japanese speaker, so I would love to add a some japanese games on my PS4 to play & practice japanese at the same time :)