Rumour: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Set to Touch PS4

Another one of Kup's war stories

While the likes of Michael Bay and Shia LaBeouf have made it difficult to be a Transformers fan over the past few years, there has been salvation in the form of High Moon Studios’ throwback third-person shooters. The rough around the axles War for Cybertron and stellar Fall of Cybertron both based their fiction on Generation One, favouring narratives regarding Energon Cubes rather than Egyptian pyramids.

And it looks like there could be a new instalment on the way – even if we remain cautious of its quality with fourth movie Age of Extinction right around the corner. Our close associates over at Nintendo Life spotted a listing for a game called Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark on Amazon earlier this morning. Despite since being removed, the product page purportedly referenced both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 as associated systems.

Encouragingly, the blurb also mentioned that the title will be "perfect for veteran fans and newcomers”. Additional details are unsurprisingly scarce, but we’re secretly hoping that this features a fishing mini-game based on the scene from the 1986 animated flick. “Yep, it’s a whopper alright.” Are you cautiously optimistic for a new robotic escapade, or are you already expecting the worst? Eat us up like Unicron in the comments section below.

[via nintendolife.com]

BenTarrant

BenTarrant said:

I love what High Moon has done and am on board for a ps4 title. Something following unicron would be awesome. As long as it isn't a film tie-in I'm sure we can relax and conserve our energon until more news comes along.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

Haven't have an opportunity to play any of the High Moon games, but they seem to be awesome, so moar Transformers on the PS4 with the possibility of huge Transformers thanks to the PS4s grunt? Yes, please!

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Big fan of the Cybertron games so if this game does happen and it's a follow up to those, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

SuperSilverback

SuperSilverback said:

I'd love if it was based on the Animated movie. Hotrod, Unicron, Galvitron, yes please! Would also need the awesome movies 80's song

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@get2sammyb Thanks for the recommendation, but I there's so much coming out on PS4 I'll want to buy eventually, that I have to keep an eye on my gaming budget. I did love the trailers to the games, though...background music was by Puscifer, which incidentally is also connected to my avatar-pic. :)

Will keep a keen eye out for this new one, though.

Also, I find it kinda hard to go back to last gen when I'm now used to "Oooh, shiny!". ;)

And yes, I know graphics isn't everything...still...

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

What? The Transformers movies were great, Rise of The Fallen could have been better, but still.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

A sequel to Fall of Cybertron? count me in! I can't wait for that. However, do not base it off the 1986 movie, that was horrible, and sent the series it was based on on a downhill spiral. There is a reason no one talks about Rodimimus Prime and Galvatron. My main concern with it being based off a movie from today is that it might suffer from being a movie game, not the material.

@BornofEvil I agree, they were good movies. They had there share of problems, but they were still good. I also don't get the Shia Lebouf hate, he plays his roles well. He's not supposed to a one man army. He's supposed to what would happen if you actually throwed a lot of us into those situations, which I think he does well.

chazaroonie

chazaroonie said:

Ha ha, I can't get "the touch" out of my head now. Oh the memories of watching the original Transformers the movie in the cinema as a child come flooding back. Good times, Transformers was soo good. My dad even approved of me reading the comics as they helped improve my vocabulary. The live action movies are ok. I just can't take them seriously. At least the cartoons were intentionally camp.

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

Oh my. One of my most favouritist films ever. I hope they use all the same cheesey 80's music too but I doubt it :(

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

The nostalgia I got from that picture alone made my day all the better. That movie, man.

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

@ShogunRok I just added it to my weekend movie watching list along with behind the candelabra and only god forgives. I hate 3D generally (exception to Gravity) but this movie remastered and made 3D on a giant imax would be insane. Dream on.

irken004

irken004 said:

War and Fall of Cybertron were both great games, so I can't wait for the next installment. Hopefully we'll here more about it soon. However, this probably is tied to the movie coming out.

belmont

belmont said:

I would buy any Generation 1 game that does NOT feature Willie and Daniel.
I would buy any TF game featuring Rodimus Prime.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Rodmius Prime sucks.

I'm guessing this is going to be the next game in the Cybertron series.