PS4 Exclusive inFAMOUS: Second Son Goes Gold

Posted by Edwin Garcia

Time for a break

There's exciting news for PlayStation 4 owners, as inFAMOUS: Second Son has officially gone gold. In case you're not familiar with developer jargon, this means that the game is finally completed and is now ready for mass production. Sucker Punch's co-founder Brian Fleming confirmed the news through Twitter, stating that it's a "big day" for the studio.

He's right, too, as this is arguably the most anticipated title for Sony's next-gen super machine. And with the shiny new system posting strong numbers around the globe, the Conduits of Seattle may just be primed for success. How in touch with your superpowers are you? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com]

And people wonder why day one patches are so common. It's crazy to me that the game is being manufactured an entire month prior to its release.

banacheck

banacheck said:

SP has finished infamous excellent news, now we've just got to wait a few more weeks. This month is a busy month with Dark Souls II, MGS:Ground Zeroes and Infamous, all must owns for me.

Philson

Philson said:

i hope this scores minimum eights/80 percent in reviews,i have had my ps4 for over a month and have ZERO titles....just waiting for something great as my first game

rjejr

rjejr said:

Havent seen "gone gold" in a long time, thought it was a relic of the past. Good to see thoigh.

I wonder if Nintendo will ever announce when one of its 1st party games goes gold?

ha ha
ha ha
hahahahahahahahaha

3Above

3Above said:

@get2sammyb I wonder if preoders are so high that they felt the need to begin production this early? Given that there will be roughly 6 million PS4s sold by the time it releases maybe they expect to sell quite alot.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@Philson self-control, huh. What's that like? (I stayed up late playing Thief day-one after an impulse preorder. Lol...) I bet you'll buy Phantom Pain, tho, eh?

Spidernoir

Spidernoir said:

I pre-ordered, not because I want the goodies or whatever, but because I know full well if I don't pre-order it now, I won't be able to buy it for another 3 months or so.

That and this game is the primary reason I even got a PS4 so early.

Philson

Philson said:

@charlesnarles :) yea i would like to get infamous and Phantom Pain but will execute even more self control if they are a let down and probs get Drive Club or even The Order as my first!....um this year :/

The_Chenger_123

The_Chenger_123 said:

@get2sammyb If you havent seen this website yet here it is, just a little fun teaser site for infamous where you can earn Karma and apparently theyll send you something!