JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle to Contain Exclusive Western Content

Posted by Nicola Hayden

Can't complain about the wait

When Bandai Namco announced its localisation of the PlayStation 3 exclusive brawler JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle last year, it's safe to say that we were surprised after initially axing its chances of an overseas release. The publisher isn't pulling any punches either this Spring, with the announcement of an arcade mode added exclusively for the game's Western iteration.

The addition follows that of most fighting games, pitting you against computer controlled opponents in succession. Other changes lined up are a day one patch, balancing the game ready for online play. Don't be afraid of not being able to find an opponent, though, with the netcode allowing you to scrap with anyone from around the world.

The main focus of the title, however, remains its campaign based upon the story of the multi-million selling manga of the same name. The game follows the life of Jonathan Joestar’s cursed family and their legacy through several generations. Are you interested in brawling your way through decades of history? Leave your lineage in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com]

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

I'm so waiting this. Been a reader of the manga since 1994 ( wow, it looks old, written), and no will have noticed, but my avatar is related.
I thought the old Capcom game was my dream come true ( amazing story mode on PSOne, btw), but this... This is my dream come true.
Shocking news, i want this more than DS 2 and CLOS 2.

Epic

Epic said:

Still waiting for J Stars Victory VS localization confirmation:
Untitled

Aaronzord

Aaronzord said:

...I totally forgot about this. 2014 is absolutely ruining my bank balance, but I love it.

Jo_Jo718

Jo_Jo718 said:

I'm pre-ordering the limited physical release from amazon :P, I've been reading this series since the 2000's and it instantly became my favorite manga and this year is quite the best, we american fans are having, because the Stardust Crusaders adaptation is also coming on April!!

mibtar

mibtar said:

Arcade mode, finally. I couldn't really believe they left that out in the Japanese version. The focus on online battle was quite a bummer. I mean people play offline too right?