Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f Tickles Your Vita's Ivories in March

Key change

We were about to write something nice about the audio in this Hatsune Miku Project Diva f trailer, but we got put off by the Alvin and the Chipmunks-esque metalcore tune in the encore. Still, we’ll refrain from sarcastic commentary in the hope that we escape another barrage of obscenities on Twitter. You know who you are.

The good news is that if your musical tastes happen to favour the sound of a thousand drowning kittens, SEGA is bringing the abovementioned release to the PlayStation Vita in Europe and North America next month. The title is already available on the PlayStation 3, but the popularity of the console conversion has encouraged the Japanese publisher to bring its portable accomplice overseas. We wished that it would be as accommodating with the Yakuza franchise.

Sadly, the game will only be available digitally, but that’s better than nothing at all. What’s more, it will launch alongside three DLC add-ons: the Snow Miku 2013 pack, the Extra Character Modules pack, and the Extra Songs pack. Pricing details will be announced closer to release, but a publisher representative hinted on NeoGAF that it may not break the bank.

Snark aside, it's good that the publisher is bringing this relatively niche content overseas – and it seems genuinely appreciative of the support that it’s received from fans. “It’s rather amazing to look back and see how far we’ve come over the last year, and for that, we have nothing but thanks for each and every one of you who picked up the game (or plans to) and is part of that story,” wrote community manager Aaron Webber on the PlayStation Blog. “A lot can happen in a year.”

Are you planning to sing along with this handheld harmoniser, or do you think that the rhythmic release sounds a touch out of tune? Hold square to falsetto in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

This is one of those games that fit perfectly on a handheld, so I'm glad Sega stopped being douches for once and decided to localize the game.

I have the demo on my PS3 and I'm still not tired of it even after 4 or 5 months. I love all the songs so far - except for Tengaku, which is tortuous on my fingers - so I'm really excited for this.

JMC

JMC said:

I'm waiting for Persona 4 Dancing All Night. Hopefully it'll be be released in the west soon....

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@get2sammyb We get it, you don't like Vocaloid. There's no need for derogatory statements like the one about about drowning kittens whereby your basically stating those that do like Vocaloid have no musical taste. I know you guys are getting bigger, and so you deserve, but don't become IGN in the process

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Well... Time invest less in pushsquare? I listen vocaloid all day! So my taste is the sound of a 1000 drowning kittens... Jeez..

@Sanquine @MadchesterManc Didn't mean to cause offence - just a joke! Apologies. For what it's worth, I think it's cool this game is coming out. More of these niche Japanese titles should make their way overseas.

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

I guess Hatsune Miku Project Diva F must have done well enough to guard a release of Project Diva F 2nd.

Artie

Artie said:

@MadchesterManc I know, right? Who does this guy think is reading this? Doesn't PushSquare have ANYONE ELSE to write articles like this? This just comes off as degrading to the fans of this franchise, and surprise, surprise! Those are the only people who would even bother to read this article. Opinions are great...in reviews and in the comments section. For this guy, the comments section.

Artie

Artie said:

@get2sammyb I replied to an earlier message without reading all replies. Thanks for the apology, but still, if these are your feelings, why are you the guy to write this piece?
Now I apologize.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

Vocaloids must be erased from planet earth!!! Good joke about kittens, Sammy, 1000% agree =).