God of War Still Looks Stunning on the PlayStation Vita

Why so serious, Kratos?

Sony Santa Monica’s seminal PlayStation 2 classics don’t appear to have taken a hit in the transition to the small screen, as the God of War Collection is looking sharp on the PlayStation Vita. Fresh from last night’s surprise unveiling, the platform holder has released some unedited footage of the deity slaying escapade running on the diminutive device, with the battle against the Colossus of Rhodes remaining as impressive as ever.

The sound appears to have been compressed during the conversion to the handheld, but the visuals are still sublime. We suppose that the big question is: do you have the stomach to sit through Kratos’ angry monologues all over again? Scream obscenities at your almighty beings of choice in the comments section below.

God of War

God of War II

[via vg247.com]

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I've only played Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta and Ascension, so this is perfect for me.

mibtar

mibtar said:

Now if only capcom would give us a DMC trilogy on the vita then I'm all set.

ObviouslySheik

ObviouslySheik said:

Stunning? Sublime? Haha that's a good one. I expected better. I mean look at Ocarina of Time versus Ocarina of Time 3D. This game looks relatively awful in my opinion.

ObviouslySheik

ObviouslySheik said:

@DaftPlayStation That's what I'm saying! Look at how much Ocarina improved on the 3DS, of all things. The Vita is capable of better. I'd venture to say that the graphics here haven't improved at all.

Kayoss

Kayoss said:

@ObviouslyAdachi
You do know this is a Port and not a remake right? These two games were originally from ps2 and was given a facelift for the ps3. Why would they do a facelift of a game that's already been given a facelift?
Orcrina of time was originally released on the Nintendo n64 of course they going to give the game it's first facelift when ported to the 3ds. Your name shouldn't be obviouslyAdachi, it should be obliviousAdachi.

banacheck

banacheck said:

@ObviouslyAdachi
This is a straight HD port and not something like Nintendo's HD Zelda release on Wii U, where thay went back and did an excellent job of touching up the graphics. But I would actually like them to do that or just remake one & two, but otherwise the PSVITA are looking great.

Now if only capcom would give us a DMC trilogy on the vita then I'm all set.

I hoping to see an actually DMC game on the PS4, and not something like that reboot.

Dodoo

Dodoo said:

This is good news for me as I've only got GoW3 and Ascension.

However won't the gameplay be affected here due to the Vita missing 2 shoulder buttons? That's my only concern, otherwise I'll grab it on PS3...

Sutorcen

Sutorcen said:

Looking great... but I don't thing I will be finishing it for a 4th time... there are just too many games out there to play on the Vita..

Wesker

Wesker said:

OMG I can not be any more over GoW! I never want to hit square square triangle again in my life!

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

@banacheck yep we need a true Devil May Cry 5 on PS4

as for DmC the gameplay is quite good but the way the characters are portrayed just doesn't work for me (I'm not to fussed about the hair but he just didn't feel like dante)

@ObviouslyAdachi It looks good to me? I'm sure it will look even better on the Vita's screen. Remember that these games were already improved for PS3, so this is that overhauled version.

Kayoss

Kayoss said:

@ObviouslyAdachi
I dont think they are saying that the game looks better. They're saying the game looks great on the Vita. The Vita small screen and Oled screen makes the game looks better when played on the Vita compared to the PS3. Of course the game looks the same, its a port. However for a ported game that is on a handheld it looks great.

As for why Ocrina of Time looks better on the 3DS then the original, is because that game was specifically remaster/remade/ Facelift for the 3DS. The GOW collection was given a HD treatment specifically for the PS3 and not for the PS Vita.

IronManDS

IronManDS said:

I'm there! Wishing it were a complete compilation, though... But, IMO, GoW 1 & 2 are the best of the whole IP. So, I'm OK with having them on my Vita.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

@banacheck yep we need a true Devil May Cry 5 on PS4

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

@banacheck yep we need a true Devil May Cry 5 on PS4

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

@banacheck yep we need a true Devil May Cry 5 on PS4

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

@banacheck yep we need a true Devil May Cry 5 on PS4

JamadaGarner

JamadaGarner said:

@ObviouslyAdachi While that may be true you forget, ocarina of time was on the Nintendo 64. God of war at the time looked superior to all games mostly because it was one of the largest PS2 games. Comparing a half gig 3DS game to a 16 gig psvita game isn't very fair seeing how they are a generation apart.