Cast Your Anticipation for BioShock Vita to the Bottom of the Ocean

Not a big shock

With the great rapture at BioShock Infinite developer Irrational Games now underway, you may be wondering what the future holds for the franchise’s infamous PlayStation Vita release. CVG had the gumption to ask 2K Games about the previously announced BioShock Vita, to which it was told that the publisher has “no updates” to share. It’s deader than a Little Sister in the hands of an ADAM addict, then.

The last time that the handheld iteration was mentioned, series creator Ken Levine hinted that negotiations were ongoing between Sony and Take-Two, meaning that production hadn’t even started yet. That was way back in July of last year. With the abovementioned organisation in charge of the series now, though, it seems unlikely that we’ll ever get to experience the portable iteration of the property. Discharge your Plasmids in disgust in the comments section below.

[via computerandvideogames.com]

k_andersenStaff

k_andersen said:

This is lame! But if I'm honest, I never really expected this game to actually ever exist, let alone exist in a form that would satisfy me in any meaningful way. Here's hoping Ken Levine's "repayable narrative" game comes to Vita, though, because that would make it an instant 10/10 for me. Every game on Vita deserves a 10/10...

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Honestly as soon as it was made known development had yet to begin I immediately had doubts about this ever seeing the light of day, I do wonder if it would have been like infinite or the first two in terms of style oh well.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

I hope i never see a bioshock on vita. Infinite is a serious boring game. I rather play a new role playing game. Vita please stay a niche. In some eyes you are dead but for some like me games like Dangonronpa or soul sacrafice are the reasons to own it.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I would have enjoyed a simple port of Bioshock 1, but now we know we won't get it. Does anyone know if Irrational is going to sell off their IP's?

Ps4all

Ps4all said:

I would have been more surprised if they said they were going to make this game. I abandoned all hope for BioShock Vita long ago.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

@Azikira I wouldn't ever rule out ports of big PS3 games. That seems to be part of the strategy for the Vita. What I wouldn't ever count on now is exclusive new installments of major franchises.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

My dreams of portable Bioshocks and Portals on my Vita were shattered long before now. Oh well, it happens. I judge a system by what it has, not by what it doesn't have.