Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Puts the PS3 Behind Bars

Prison bat

Much like Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation before it, handheld superhero spin-off Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is being blown up to the big screen. Following a slew of rumours regarding the release’s fate, publisher Warner Bros has confirmed that the Dark Knight will return in a Deluxe Edition of the game on the PlayStation 3, which will include high-definition graphics, a new map, improved sound, and more.

The Armature Studio developed adventure will deploy on 1st April in North America and 2nd April in Europe, and will set you back £15.99/$19.99. You can check out the conversion’s first trailer in the space below, which shows the Caped Crusader acting all angsty as Gotham’s greatest villains successfully execute yet another escape from the local slammer. At this point, whoever’s in charge of security should probably consider a different line of work.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

shame the game was boring as hell, I have the vita version and it's not worth owning, it's a rentel at best

very poor after the masterpiece that was Arkham City

Yeah, I bought this for the Vita when it was cheap over Christmas. Haven't played it yet, but I've heard it's not especially outstanding.

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

Yeah, I got a free copy with my vita. It was a decent game I thought but at times you spend a lot of time running around just to get from A to B and that is crud. I did though think the look and the more varied gameplay wasn't too bad. I mostly enjoyed it but I would never play though it again. Went straight to trade in upon completion.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Well you guys are killing me, I was thinking of getting this on the Wii U. Its 1 of only 2 gsmes due out between tomorrow and May 30. Lego Hobbit is the other Apr 8 but Im waiting for the 3rd movie for that one. Indies all the way I guess.

belmont

belmont said:

I enjoyed this game on my Vita. The only bad think that is super frustrating is that this game has the worst map ever for a metroidvania game. Seems that they fixed it. Too bad it is not cross-buy. We can assume that no one bought the Vita/3DS version.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Lost interest in this game when I saw it was 2.5D. Cant see how this will translate well to the PS3, but who knows. haven't actually played it.

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

I'm not very comfortable with this new "from portable to home console" trend.
I guess it's good if titles didn't sell well the first time, but still...
You wanna play it, then buy it on the console it was born on.

Splat

Splat said:

Why doesn't Uncharted Golden Abyss ever get this treatment? As a huge Uncharted fan it pains me to know there is a game in the series I haven't played...

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

@Splat Because Sony wants to leave a reason to buy Vita probably. It probably needs to keep as many exclusive blockbusters as possible.

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

I guess I'll get this version, then, because I've never seen the Vita version for cheaper than this will be in NZD.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Poor Armature...I suppose they need to put bread on the table. I wish Capcom would have let them make that cool looking (albeit Metroid Prime-esque) first-person Megaman game. It looked good. Here's hoping some company gets them to make it into something good.