You'd Have to Be a Doughnut to Not Like This Sly Cooper Movie Trailer

Cane you believe it?

We’re not entirely sure why it’s taken this long, as these PlayStation movies look like they’re going to prove a huge hit at the box office. Hot on the heels of last year’s surprise Ratchet & Clank reveal, production duo Blockade Entertainment and Rainmaker Entertainment are now taking a stab at the Sly Cooper franchise – and the results must have dollar signs flashing in SCEA president Jack Tretton’s eyes.

Alright, so the team has taken a few artistic liberties with the look of the cast – but we actually reckon that they’ve made the jump from cel-shading to classic computer graphics fairly well. “When we met with PlayStation to discuss the film last year, we proposed that the CG art style would transfer best in the leap to the big screen,” producer Brad Foxhoven told the PlayStation Blog. “Both PlayStation and Sucker Punch were kind enough to give us the chance to make this idea a reality.”

As revealed earlier today, the flick – due in theatres in 2016 – will loosely follow the plot of the first game. However, the debut trailer embedded below shows the light-fingered raccoon and crew sprinting across a moonlit skyline in search of doughnuts, so don’t expect it to follow the events of the original release exactly. Nevertheless, it raised a chuckle out of our miserable souls, so we reckon that writer Kevin Munroe must be onto a winner here.

Are you looking forward to this hitting the silver screen, or are you struggling to get over the character designs? Steal some thoughts and store them in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@RyoHazuki Apparently there are plans for an Infamous and Uncharted movie, but Sony is looking for a director. I think Chris Nolan would be perfect for the Infamous movie, so they need to talk to him.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

Looks pretty good, I can't wait for it. I think it's looks a little too realistic and not chell-shaded though.
An inFamous movie would be pretty cool, but I'm not as keen as I could be since it's pretty certain they will make Cole a good guy, instead of the villian like he shoul be. I'm already ready dissapointed that Second Son is following the good story line for Cole.

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

The character designs are ugly/too realistic and Sly's voice is wrong.

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

Wow a Sly Cooper movie didn't see that comeing Anyway looks fun I can't wait to see it Oh and screw the all haters I think the movie looks good sure Murry looks a bit off but that can fixed honestly I don't think he looks that bad I mean sure bad but not that bad

evildevil97

evildevil97 said:

Murray looks awful, and it needs Sly's original voice actor back. Beyond that, it doesn't look terrible, at least.

Punkinhead145

Punkinhead145 said:

If you gave murry more of his original look then I'd be satisfied, but otherwise I'll need to see this

Splat

Splat said:

I'm looking forward to Ratchet And Clank more but will have to see this as well.

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

Yeah, why is Sly the only one without his original voice actor?
I loved that 'Garret-y' (Thief) thing he had going on.
Although he's getting a new voice actor too...

hydeks

hydeks said:

Can't wait, what a great time to be a Playstation fan :-) Murray looks scary bulky though lol

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Guess I'm a doughnut, then...but I'm not alone. Usual art concerns for me, but I didn't really notice the different voice. Either way, not that excited just yet.