This Rumoured EU February PS Plus Lineup Looks Scarily Good

Posted by Martin Walker

Too good to be true?

European PlayStation Plus subscribers could be in for a real treat, if a leaked list of Instant Game Collection titles posted on GamePointsNow is to be believed. PlayStation 4 owners would be insane to miss out on Red Barrels Games' asylum-based survival horror title Outlast, while those among you who have held onto your dear PlayStation 3 may be delighted with the speculation that the high flying BioShock Infinite could be sky-hooking its way to Sony's subscription service, along with grimy, post-apocalyptic shooter Metro: Last Light.

Finally, PlayStation Vita is reportedly set to come out fighting, with cult hit Dynasty Warriors: Next and the Japanese giant's own ModNation Racers: Road Trip. Assuming that this leak proves watertight, how happy are you with the games coming to your particular system? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via gamepointsnow.com]

Outlast and Metro: Last Light in the same month would be amazing. We'll see, though.

ZeD

ZeD said:

This is a fantastic line up! Will have to play through Biosock Infinite again :)

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

I didn't jump on the Bioshock: Infinite bandwagon right away, bought it later on and was still not totally sold; however it is awesome for anyone who doesn't have it yet. Metro last light has been on my 'To buy' list for ages...if that really is coming to Plus I'm excited for it. I'm also up for some quality survival horror as well....fingers crossed x

@SuperSilverback @Munkyknuts The problem with BioShock Infinite, in my opinion, is that the whole game can't live up to the opening hour - which is arguably one of the best beginnings ever. Unfortunately, it turns into a fairly bland first-person shooter in the final segments.

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

@SuperSilverback it's a beautifully designed game but some element of it i can't quite define left me cold; perhaps it's that it feels a bit smug and self satisfied. It could just be that I loved Rapture, Big Daddies and little sisters so much in the original Bioshock that the style of Infinite couldn't compare to it. It's still excellent if it really is going to be on Plus tho.

SuperSilverback

SuperSilverback said:

@get2sammyb Yeah, the gameplay wasnt really anything new. The sky hook was fun for about the first hour. I duno, the story just didnt grab me like i assumed it would looking at all the reviews.

ZeD

ZeD said:

@get2sammyb i couldn't believe the final battle was the final battle (if you get what I mean). The last cut scene was fantastic of course :)

RaevenStaff

Raeven said:

I'm keeping my fingers well and truly crossed that this is, indeed, true, and not just so that the article isn't incorrect ;) Outlast interested me on PC, I'm glad I waited now, though!

Mallard

Mallard said:

Vita games a bit pants, was hoping for Dragons crown or earth defence force, or walking dead. Might get chance to clear some of my vita backlog. Fingers crossed for march.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Dynasty Warriors: NEXT is a solid portable slice of hack and slash action - it's nice to see that Koei might finally be up for putting its games on PS+. It could potentially open up somewhat misunderstood franchises like Dynasty Warriors to a new audience.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

@ShogunRok A bit incredulous to say DW, is misunderstood. It's just not very good-in the same vein as EDF, people love them or hate them. I prefer the latter myself.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@KALofKRYPTON Hey now, I don't quite think we can put DW in the same league as EDF. Sure they're both pretty camp and totally stupid at times, but EDF plays on that style while DW is trying to evolve (especially with DW8) into something that's more serious in terms of story - almost like a drama.

But yeah, I agree that they're both always going to be divisive. That said, many of the people who still say DW is crap haven't played it since PS2.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

@SuperSilverback Played the Next demo when I first got a Vita, pretty dull. Other than that I played the DW Gundam demo on PS3, I thought that the license would make it more interesting, but even the sense of scale was completely lost..

As you say, divisive.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

Sengoku Basara is the best ikkitousen at the moment. DW just can't beat it, no matter how hard it tries =).

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@Gemuarto I played the demo for the first Sengoku Basara a couple years back and I fell in love with it. That said, DW has had its moments, especially when Gundams are brought into the mix, so I think it's still too early to say that DW can't beat it.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

@BornOfEvil Yeah, DW have become better thanks to competition with Sengoku Basara =). Hope SB4 will establish new standarts for genre, not sure about that, though.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

God not ModNation. The PS3 version was a fun kart racer and the little I've played on the Vita looks just as fun but it contains the only things worse in games than online Trophies - AD HOC Trophies. No need whatsoever.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Sweet Update for me. Not played Bioshock infinite yet and Last light is a sequel to one of the best FPS games in Metro 2033, so it gonna be good. @ShogunRok Cant have too much Dynasty Warriors eh. Just picked up DW8 myself.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@SuperSilverback @MadchesterManc I mean, like what's been said, DW won't be for everyone. BUT I think a lot of people don't realise that they'd actually enjoy it (and EDF, for that matter) if they just gave it a chance. Mowing down enemies and enjoying a huge roster can just be simple, dumb fun - and then if you get into it, there's plenty of depth to be found in combos, weapon types, etc. And PS+ gives people an opportunity to at least try it out.

divinelite

divinelite said:

Dinasti warrior is my first digital retail game. It's so good but bland in game modes

Fortunately the latest spinoff, Shin musou gundam excel more in graphics, character roosters, and of course game modes. Too bad it's import title though