Sony: You'll Be Hearing About PS4 Racer DriveClub's Release Date Soon

Posted by Kell Andersen

We're wheely sick of waiting

We love DriveClub here at Push Square. That adoration's mostly due to its gorgeous visuals and unbridled potential, but also because the kerfuffle surrounding its delay is giving us mountains of material to write about. If you're not up to speed, a recent ESRB rating suggested that the game will be starting its engine soon, but we've yet to hear any truly concrete information regarding the racing sim's release date.

In an attempt to demystify the situation, IGN reached out to Sony to clarify the recent news that the title won't be ready in time for the Japanese launch of the PS4. The company's response provides a small glimmer of hope, but remains characteristically vague. "The team at Evolution Studios are working hard to bring DriveClub, a truly next-gen driving experience, to the PS4, and we will announce the release date shortly," the Japanese giant stated. "We're really excited about how DriveClub is progressing, and thank you for your patience."

While we can only speculate, we're hoping that there's some truth to the rumours that the title will be landing in late February, because quite frankly, we need some more downtime to clear out our monolithic backlogs. Are you gearing up for DriveClub's release date? Will you be racing to your local game store when it finally launches? Give it some gas in the comments section below.

[via ign.com]

Wesker

Wesker said:

Yeah I'm waiting. I'd like to know if it's coming out before or after Infamous. I'd also like to know when Watch Dogs and The Crew are coming out. I'd buy any of those games if they were available now.

BarrettJChris

BarrettJChris said:

I don't really give a damn when the release date it. You people are just gonna delay it again! You did twice

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@BarrettJChris Actually, they only delayed it once. They never actually stated that it would be launching with the PS4 in Japan, so them debunking that rumor doesn't count as a delay.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Patience is a virtue; good comes to those who wait; absence makes the heart grow fonder; haste makes waste; etc.

BarrettJChris

BarrettJChris said:

@BornOfEvil no they delayed it twice. Drive club was supposed to launch with the ps4 and they delayed it because they said they wanted to enhance the visuals. I know how many times they delayed it. I keep up on my games

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@BarrettJChris Well then, you would know that they've only delayed it once. It wasn't going to be ready in time for and got pushed back once, it's yet to be delayed a second time.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I've got zero confidence this will be anything more than a very, very average game, but for the sake of those still waiting for it, I hope it's better than that. Still, this and Watch_Dogs were originally two of my most hyped PS4 games and Evolution and Ubi, to this point, have failed miserably with them. There is really no hype at this point and these games don't deserve hype either because when you have as much time to get these games done as the devs team had, there is no excuse for why these games weren't ready for PS4's launch or shortly afterwards. There is especially no excuse in Evolution's case. I still can't believe Sony has the best racing game developers under its umbrella and yet it tabs this studio with making the first exclusive racer for its next-gen console. Dumb decision.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

@Gamer83 Harsh (what you're saying) but true. Also I think it's actually good that GT6 came out on PS3 as the install base of PS4 is too small for a behemoth like Gran Turismo - in my opinion. If Driveclub was on track like it should it would've been a nice substitute to the average Need for Speeds of late. Anyways, 2014 seems to get into gear and be THE racing-game year after a long long drought. So Im not worried, as I am still playing GT6 to death! ;)