Sony Rains Down Slick Footage of PS4 Title inFAMOUS: Second Son

Rowe way

It can’t possibly look this good, can it? Titles like Killzone: Shadow Fall and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag have already offered a teaser of what the PlayStation 4 is capable of, but inFAMOUS: Second Son looks set to blow everything out of the beautifully rendered water. Fresh from declaring that the impending sequel is only possible on Sony’s next generation format, Sucker Punch has deployed a brand new behind-the-scenes trailer showing off the rain-slicked streets of Seattle – and to say that they look mind-boggling would be an understatement.

The studio has invested a painstaking amount of effort into nailing the atmosphere of its home city. Renowned for its inclement weather, you’ll often find yourself sprinting across puddled pavements, where the water will organically accumulate between cobble stones and roll down bricked buildings. The reflections are particularly impressive, with entire scenes being mirrored across busy roads. It’s honestly amazing.

“We’ve worked hard on making the environments in Second Son look beautiful and feel as realistic as possible, while also supporting a compelling narrative,” explained art director Horia Dociu on the PlayStation Blog. “We’re all very excited to have players jump in and make their own adventures in our Seattle.” As mentioned in the video, we suspect that the DualShock 4’s share button is going to get a lot of use during this game. We can’t wait.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

This, drive club, dying light and the division have impressed me most in terms of visuals. I get a little bit more excited every time I see a little more! Multiplayer schmultiplayer. Not sure how it would work with just delsin Rowe clones everywhere?

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

I still can't believe this is being made by Sucker punch's 110 person-team (if I'm not mistaken on the number)

rjejr

rjejr said:

If this is Seattle where are all the Starbucks?

I liked what the one guy said about looking around. Last night I finally got up to the last colossus in Shadow of the Colossus and I finally realized that I can climb to the top of the save point ruin. So I just climbed up there and looked around wishing it was on Wii U so I could post a picture of the view to Miiverse. Then I started shooting anything that moved w/ arrows. ;-)

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@rjejr

Ya no doubt. My cousins live out by Seattle- I visited there twice in the last 5 years. Ate in the Space Needle, all that. Best part about it, is all the iced coffees and frappacinos. It's not just Starbucks- they've got mom and pop coffee shops on every corner with some of THE best iced coffee you've ever had...

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

Oh my gawd, this looks absolutely amazing...and it does look better and better every time they show the game. So can't wait for March 21st.

@BornOfEvil I don't mind that. There's plenty of games out there with good multiplayer already and I think not every game needs one. I'll be perfectly happy with inFamous just being an awesome single player experience.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@JaxonH - I've never been to Seattle, it's in the only corner of the country I missed during my Kerouac college days, think Ive been in 40 states. Need to put it on my bucket list. All my iced coffee comes from McDs and International Delights half gallon containers. How are you even thinking of iced coffee, isn't it like -15 w/ a -50 windchill by you? It's 37 in Anchorage Alaska today.